Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Booking flights for unborn child

Booking flights for unborn child

Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

yorksinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Booking flights for unborn child

Does anyone know if it is possible to book a flight for an unborn (and as yet un-named) child? We want to go back to the UK in September and I was hoping to book flights early, in order to try to get cheapest fares, but we have a baby due in April.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking flights for unborn child

Originally Posted by yorksinoz
Does anyone know if it is possible to book a flight for an unborn (and as yet un-named) child? We want to go back to the UK in September and I was hoping to book flights early, in order to try to get cheapest fares, but we have a baby due in April.
you can book extra seat, as you are paying for it, I dont think the airline care's as long as you pay for it, but you cant book for unborn child, as they want date of birth?
Why dont you call the airline in question?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:50 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I can't answer your question for certain as different airlines have different rules.

You should be able to go ahead and book your flights, and then call them at a later date and add the baby. If the baby will be going on your lap then it will not be paying for your seat. But it would still need a ticket so you'd need the name and everything.

We did that for a trip to Vegas right after our baby was born. We just booked the tickets and then call up later to give them the infants details. I just can't remember if they set up the infant ticket before hand or after we gave them the details.

If you call the airline they can sort if out for you.

Just make sure you allow yourself enough time to get a birth certificate and a passport for a baby. It looks like you should have lots though.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

We did.... The travel agent was really helpful (Ben at Flight centre wimbledon) -- we were even able to reserve the bassinet!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:56 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Katherined0
We did.... The travel agent was really helpful (Ben at Flight centre wimbledon) -- we were even able to reserve the bassinet!
Oh yes.... you definitely want the bassinet! We had one when we came over with my son. He was almost 9 months at the time, it was perfect! He slept most of the way over.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

yorksinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replies - sounds like I should be able to do it, but I will have to contact a travel agent or airline to sort it out (I usually book flights online). Fingers crossed!

Yes, have used a bassinet before, so would definitely get one of those booked too.

Katherine - did you live in Wimbledon then? We used to live in Earlsfield!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for replies - sounds like I should be able to do it, but I will have to contact a travel agent or airline to sort it out (I usually book flights online). Fingers crossed!

Katherine - did you live in Wimbledon then? We used to live in Earlsfield!
I used to book all my flights on line but since having a baby have found this is impossible....seems you have to use an agent until the baby is 2! It is the only way to get the ticket/reservation/pay the taxes but not buy a ticket.

And I used to live in Wandsworth Common.....small world!