Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Booking flights query!!

Booking flights query!!

Old Sep 5th 2009, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default Booking flights query!!

Reet,went to sisters travel agents

The company they use to book holidays said it will be £2000 for 2 adults 2 kids on A380 with stopover in singapore,but need our passports with visas to book seats?

Now here lies the problem,i aint or i dont want to spend £2000 for flights and not have our seats where we want them?

She phones singapore airlines who where £2100 but again they said you can go online and send passport copies off after!

So she went online and it wants payment before it shows you the plane plan to see what seats are aviable?

Any ideas?

Home now so gonna try and sort it

Oh and quantas wanted £3200!!!

jase
Old Sep 5th 2009, 3:11 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking flights query!!

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO

The company they use to book holidays said it will be £2000 for 2 adults 2 kids on A380 with stopover in singapore,but need our passports with visas to book seats?

Now here lies the problem,i aint or i dont want to spend £2000 for flights and not have our seats where we want them?

She phones singapore airlines who where £2100 but again they said you can go online and send passport copies off after!

So she went online and it wants payment before it shows you the plane plan to see what seats are aviable?

Any ideas?

jase
Not quite sure what you're after here. How can you book specific seats on a flight unless you buy a ticket for said flight first? No airline I know of lets you see what seats are available before you buy the ticket?
What particular seats are you after? Almost without exception a family of four will be in the middle block with 4 seats across. If so, does it matter where in the aircraft you are as all seats will be the same.

When are you flying? If some time in the future then in all likelihood you'll be ok for what your after.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 10:56 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

It has been a couple of years since I flew Singapore, but if I remember correctly you can book seats as soon as you have booked your tickets.

Recently flew Malaysia, and with them you can only book 24hrs ahead online (if its working now) but I was able to book on the phone when I rang with some enquiries about 2 weeks before departure.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 10:39 am
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

We normally book our flights online - once confirmation we go ahead and book our seats with Singapore Airlines. May be worth joining Krisflyer with them as well.

Good luck!
Old Sep 6th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Just booked our seats !!
A380 to singapore/777 to melly!
Old Sep 6th 2009, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Any ideas?

jase
can you get your double luggage allowance booking through the travel agent!!

may be worth looking at..
Old Sep 6th 2009, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Just booked our seats !!
A380 to singapore/777 to melly!
fab..who with.. did you do it on line and did you get luggage allowance,,??
Old Sep 6th 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
fab..who with.. did you do it on line and did you get luggage allowance,,??
Did it online with singapore airlines
Need to find out about luggage allowance
Old Sep 6th 2009, 3:54 pm
Account Closed

aglassofwinehelps is an unknown quantity at this point

When do you fly?

We are hoping to leave in approx 6 weeks or so but am unable to book the flights until exchange of contracts. I understood what you meant about booking your seats as I have thought the same - I'd hate to book and pay then find we have seats at opposite ends of the aircraft because that's all that is left.

We'll be flying with Singapore too, they are excellent. Join Krisflyer now to start earning your airmiles.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

I seen the kris flyer thingy halfway through booking flights,so didnt want to stop just incase it went wrong

Whats it all about and is it too late to get me 10000 points i just earned from booking?

Been on the site and it went reet over me head lol
Old Sep 6th 2009, 8:08 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

I think (hope someone can confirm) but you only get your points once you've checked in and flown, so you should be fine joining Krisflyer and getting your points!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

aglassofwinehelps is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, That's right. Apply now, just go back online to do it, and your points will be added after you have flown with them. You will be given a membership number and a card will be sent in the post. You will have to do this for each family member if they want to earn points too but def worth doing. Your details will be saved to your membership number so whenever you fly with Singapore again it'll save you faffing about entering all your passport numbers etc again.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:55 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Not quite sure what you're after here. How can you book specific seats on a flight unless you buy a ticket for said flight first? No airline I know of lets you see what seats are available before you buy the ticket?
What particular seats are you after? Almost without exception a family of four will be in the middle block with 4 seats across. If so, does it matter where in the aircraft you are as all seats will be the same.

When are you flying? If some time in the future then in all likelihood you'll be ok for what your after.
Cathay Pacific allow you to book your seats as you book your flight (before payment!)
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:00 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aglassofwinehelps
When do you fly?

We are hoping to leave in approx 6 weeks or so but am unable to book the flights until exchange of contracts. I understood what you meant about booking your seats as I have thought the same - I'd hate to book and pay then find we have seats at opposite ends of the aircraft because that's all that is left.

We'll be flying with Singapore too, they are excellent. Join Krisflyer now to start earning your airmiles.
We booked ours online with SA for 20th Oct Heathrow to Perth & lucky enough there was 5 seats on the upper deck of the A380... OH would not have been happy if we were on the lower deck There was only a couple of rows that had 4 seats together on the lower deck too & we needed 5..................