Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Booking flights with no passport...

Booking flights with no passport...

Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Question Booking flights with no passport...

Been looking at flights for a possible visit next year... quite a good price on Sinapore Airlines but if you want to book it asks for your passport number.

Since me and DD havent applied for our Aussie passports yet, and DD doesnt have a British one, how does it work?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking flights with no passport...

Originally Posted by bridie
Been looking at flights for a possible visit next year... quite a good price on Sinapore Airlines but if you want to book it asks for your passport number.

Since me and DD havent applied for our Aussie passports yet, and DD doesnt have a British one, how does it work?
Presumably you can't book without a valid passport. Stops the idiots who think they can fly without a Passport I should imagine. Looks like you need to pull your finger out and get those passports hon. Shame about the prices though, you know you've lost them
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:50 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

You can still book flights using your british passports, and your dd's aussie one (assuming she has one at all?) You just need to remember to take these passports with you to check in, and have your aussie ones with you as well (assuming you get them) for when you go through customs.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

no dd has no passport yet.... got the forms here she needs new pictures (for the third time! lol)
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:27 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

no dd has no passport yet.... got the forms here she needs new pictures (for the third time! lol)
Entering passport details isn't mandatory when booking. If you book direct on the SIA website you can go in at any time later and update the booking to include the passport details once you get them. Otherwise, call them up once you have the passports and they'll enter the details for you.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

well, i've booked them - via another site AND they were cheaper

OMG I'm going to England................on my own with a near two year old
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:22 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've had this before. I didn't have my passport to hand so I just entered some random number - which the system accepted. I had no problems.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:39 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

well, i've booked them - via another site AND they were cheaper
mind telling us which site you used? cheaper is always good!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

it was travel.com.au
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:04 am
brisvegas

it was travel.com.au
thanks - am going to check them out now