booking flights

Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default booking flights

The time has come to finally book our flights but what I would like to know is if i book through Travelmood online how do I ensure we get our double baggage allowance?

Thanks

Claire
Old Nov 25th 2003, 10:12 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know about the allowance when I booked the flights and when I phoned Singapore Airlines, they told me that as long as the visa has 'MIG' on it and 'pemission to stay indefinitely' then we'll be fine.

I also have a letter from them to that effect and I'll be taking it to the airport, just in case.

Jane
Old Nov 25th 2003, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: booking flights

Originally posted by claireg3
The time has come to finally book our flights but what I would like to know is if i book through Travelmood online how do I ensure we get our double baggage allowance?

Thanks

Claire
Hi Claire
You need to book a one-way ticket and give proof of your residency visa - so you will need to show them your passport - or fax the pages of your visa and photo pages through to them.

I think most of the airlines do the double baggage for migrants (even tho the letter from the AHC may list only one or two airlines)

Bet you can't wait to book 'em. Good luck!

HP

p.s. check your tickets when you get them - our tickets came thru with only 20kg showing on them - good job I checked - when I phoned TravelBag they had forgotten to key it into the booking, even tho they had photocopied the passports and visas.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hidden paw is right. Cathay Pacific said photcopy the visa sticker and send it to them when you have booked you one way flight for your double allowance
Good luck to you and have fun

booboo
Old Nov 25th 2003, 10:30 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

I faxed through a copy of my visa to Singapore Airlines, and a letter came back saying it wasn't clear enough. (My scanners already on its way to OZ so I had to borrow one!) I then phoned them and they said I would be fine just turning up at the airport with the visa as per my reply above.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 12:38 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi claire,

send copies of passport visa like someone said...

malaysian have stopped double baggage allowance...
but...
we were over the 20 kg ..ie 100kg for 5 of us..we had 125 kg and we had no excess to pay...the woman in the airport said that they allow up to 30kg each...but i would check first!
on an internal flight with virgin blue we were over too ofcourse but we had no excess to pay with them either...bless em!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

warwick road is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cathay Pacific

we booked a 2 night stopover in hong kong en route, now they have turned round and said we are no longer entitled to extra allowance!

Any one else had similar problem?
Old Nov 25th 2003, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Claire,

We booked last week through Singapore airlines, they asked for our passport numbers on booking and have now sent us a letter confirming extra baggage allowance. Havn't needed to send anything to them though obviously they'll check our visas at the airport.

It feels much more real since the flights booked!
Good luck,

Michaela