Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

booked our flights last night, gulp we are going.

booked our flights last night, gulp we are going.

Old Jan 22nd 2005, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road
Default booked our flights last night, gulp we are going.

booked one way tickets with singapore airlines, (via the internet it's 50 quid cheaper) havn't sold our house yet as it's only just gone on the market, but my son isn't coming over until 2006 so he is looking after it for us!!

Last night i was laughing and dancing with excitement then the next minute I was crying with the enormity of what we are doing. Today i'm numb and now I no what people mean when they talk about the rollercoaster of emotions!!

We have been working towards this for so long now, and now we are here all i can think is s##t what are we doing. We fly on 8th Feb with a 3 day stopover in singapore then on to the sunshine coast. Ohhhh the sunshine coast, now i'm getting excited again.

Anyway must go and throw away all my old jumpers that i wont need anymore.

Cazz
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

wattle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: booked our flights last night, gulp we are going.

Originally Posted by cazz
booked one way tickets with singapore airlines, (via the internet it's 50 quid cheaper) havn't sold our house yet as it's only just gone on the market, but my son isn't coming over until 2006 so he is looking after it for us!!

Last night i was laughing and dancing with excitement then the next minute I was crying with the enormity of what we are doing. Today i'm numb and now I no what people mean when they talk about the rollercoaster of emotions!!

We have been working towards this for so long now, and now we are here all i can think is s##t what are we doing. We fly on 8th Feb with a 3 day stopover in singapore then on to the sunshine coast. Ohhhh the sunshine coast, now i'm getting excited again.

Cazz
oh wow - how exciting for you! I was hoping you were going to say you were flying singapore 30 march - thats when i'm hoping to go!

good luck"
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 12:50 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Cazz
I know the feeling, we just got the ok yesterday, feeling really drained! I cant wait until Monday, put in the resignation and then start planning dates etc.....gulp! Good luck to you all!
ViVi
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Cazz

Cazz

Im hoping to be on the Sunshine Coast by the end of the year.
Wishing you the best of luck and keep us posted on how it all goes

Rx
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 4:52 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road

Cazz
Cazz thats our next stage to book flights :scared: Singapore Airways are very good from what i see on here, is that why you booked with them? Can I dare ask how much? There will be four of us travelling 2 adults 2 kids

Stu
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bert-doozer
Cazz thats our next stage to book flights :scared: Singapore Airways are very good from what i see on here, is that why you booked with them? Can I dare ask how much? There will be four of us travelling 2 adults 2 kids

Stu
Hi Stu, We have flown with singapore a couple of times now and i can't fault them we first went in 2000 (i think) and the kids thought it was great as they were into nintendo etc and singapore have loads of games and videos that are in the back of each seat. Kept them amused for hours and me if i tell the truth.

if you go onto their web site www.singaporeair.com you will find prices for flights depending when your flying. you save about 50 quid each ticket booking on the net. Our tickets are one way, we have paid inc tax 477.70 each. If you are going one way i would recommend ringing singapore airlines once you have booked to check your double baggage allowance is stated on your ticket or get an email as proof. They wont give you double baggage on a return ticket.

Cazz

ps.. it's also worth checking out different days to fly as they do differ in price. mid week tends to be cheaper.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Cazz
It was 28 degrees last night and that was outside, even hotter in my bedroom, I would say 90% of my clothes have been a waste of time bringing

Good Luck with the move, it is worth it.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jwinch
It was 28 degrees last night and that was outside, even hotter in my bedroom, I would say 90% of my clothes have been a waste of time bringing

Good Luck with the move, it is worth it.

I've got my heating going full blast and my fleece on and still cold, although it was beautiful this morning with the frost on the ground.

Where about's on the sunshine coast are you?

Cazz
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

I've got my heating going full blast and my fleece on and still cold, although it was beautiful this morning with the frost on the ground.

Where about's on the sunshine coast are you?

Cazz

We are renting in Mooloolaba at the moment, have bought some land in Glenview, hope to have house built in time for next xmas - With Airconditioning !!
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jwinch
We are renting in Mooloolaba at the moment, have bought some land in Glenview, hope to have house built in time for next xmas - With Airconditioning !!
Mooloolaba i love it, that is where we are hoping to rent when we get there, looked around that area when we were last there and loved Buderim, my husband is a fell runner (oops not a lot of mountains to run up in queensland but shhh we won't mention that) so buderim on top of a hill!! appeals also as it's near the sea it will keep me happy. Not sure where Glenview is but will get my map out.

I like the sound of having your own house built for you we looked around sooooooooooo many show houses last time, but finding the land seemed to be the problem.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 7:42 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Hi Stu, We have flown with singapore a couple of times now and i can't fault them we first went in 2000 (i think) and the kids thought it was great as they were into nintendo etc and singapore have loads of games and videos that are in the back of each seat. Kept them amused for hours and me if i tell the truth.

if you go onto their web site www.singaporeair.com you will find prices for flights depending when your flying. you save about 50 quid each ticket booking on the net. Our tickets are one way, we have paid inc tax 477.70 each. If you are going one way i would recommend ringing singapore airlines once you have booked to check your double baggage allowance is stated on your ticket or get an email as proof. They wont give you double baggage on a return ticket.

Cazz

ps.. it's also worth checking out different days to fly as they do differ in price. mid week tends to be cheaper.
Cazzcheers for that, mky wife works for travelbag & Singapore have a very good reputation, also good with kids which is important. we are going 1 way, how do you get your double baggage allowence if you book online?

Stu
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Ads & Charlie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: booked our flights last night, gulp we are going.

Cazz

Hi Cazz
Just read your post on double baggage allowance for one way ticket holders on singapore airlines. I have a one way ticket with them and didn't know that i could get double the allowance. How did you find that out?

I am due to make the big move on the 20th of march and my girlfriend would certainly love the extra baggage allowance )

Cant wait to go and am currently on the same emotional rollercoaster ride as you at the moment.

Well if you have any info. or you fancy a chat with a like minded migratee, drop me a line.

Take Care
Ads
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bert-doozer
Cazzcheers for that, mky wife works for travelbag & Singapore have a very good reputation, also good with kids which is important. we are going 1 way, how do you get your double baggage allowence if you book online?

Stu
Hi Stu if your wife works for travelbag don't you get cheap flights? As for baggage allowance i rang singapore airlines direct, but as long as you havn't validated your visa already you should get your allowance anyway. I just like everything in writing especially when you hear the stories on hear :scared:
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 7:58 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Hi Stu if your wife works for travelbag don't you get cheap flights? As for baggage allowance i rang singapore airlines direct, but as long as you havn't validated your visa already you should get your allowance anyway. I just like everything in writing especially when you hear the stories on hear :scared:
Cazz,

Yes you do, but if you leave within 6 months you have to pay it back, I think the fact thats its a 1 way will give the game away. Discount is not that great, if you shop around the internet you can get it a few quid cheaper than with the staff discount!!!!!!!

Stu
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ads & Charlie
Hi Cazz
Just read your post on double baggage allowance for one way ticket holders on singapore airlines. I have a one way ticket with them and didn't know that i could get double the allowance. How did you find that out?

I am due to make the big move on the 20th of march and my girlfriend would certainly love the extra baggage allowance )

Cant wait to go and am currently on the same emotional rollercoaster ride as you at the moment.

Well if you have any info. or you fancy a chat with a like minded migratee, drop me a line.

Take Care
Ads
Hi Ads , found it out on this site all the info i have read over the last two years glad i havn't been wasting my time.
I know what your girlfriend means one suitcase is 20kg get 40kg that two whole suitcases and still not enough!!
But there again if she can't get all her clothes in she will just have to go shopping and wow have you seen the shops!!

Where are you moving to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.