Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Booked our flights but no passport

Booked our flights but no passport

Old Aug 18th 2008, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Booked our flights but no passport

Hi everyone,

We are due to fly back to UK on the 6th of sept the only problem I have is that I only sent my sons passport forms off on the 28th of July as this was the first oppportunity I had for someone to sign the back of the photo for the 2 years rubbish. I have phoned the $9.70 per minute passport line and all I do is get a message. Has anyone called either of these lines? Can you give me any idea if they would be able to get my passport here any quicker my credit card was charged on the 5th of August. We are due to leave for Sydney on the 30th to fly out on the 6th. But in accoradance with the 25 working day rule on the internet I wont get it before we leave and we have tenants moving in on the 5th.

any advice appreciated.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Booked our flights but no passport

You will get it 2 weeks from the date the Credit Card came out.

Well going by the other forum, that's what we worked out. I'll get the link and come back and paste it here.

Mikey
Old Aug 18th 2008, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Have a look here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535915

Mine came exactally 2 weeks after they took payment, and so did most other peoples.

Good luck.

Mikey
Old Aug 18th 2008, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Really as it says 25 working days on the high commision website now I wondered is that from postage or from the day they take the money. thanks nicola
Old Aug 18th 2008, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

It 25 – 30 working days after they received it.

I sent mine and they received it the next day, it then took nearly 3 weeks to take the payment and then 2 weeks to get it.

Once they have taken the payment off your credit card then you know the process has started and will be pretty quick after that.

Don’t call that number as it’s a waste of money and they tell you nothing, the fact that you have flights booked might make them hurry it up but not always, again they have already taken your payment so it’s nearly ready.

Mikey
Old Aug 18th 2008, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

I have just spoken to the $9.70 guy and he said they cannot rush through applications and it will be 25 days from the date of the money being debited I have explained to him we are due to travel on the 6th and the reason I couldnt desicion. Gutted is how we are feeling too.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 5:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicola411
I have just spoken to the $9.70 guy and he said they cannot rush through applications and it will be 25 days from the date of the money being debited I have explained to him we are due to travel on the 6th and the reason I couldnt desicion. Gutted is how we are feeling too.
They can and do rush applications if need be. I'm not convinced that so called helpline staff have a clue what they are talking about. They can turn passports out in 48 hours. I have a direct number for Brisbane Passport office if you want it. (I assume we are talking Aus Passports here)
Old Aug 18th 2008, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
They can and do rush applications if need be. I'm not convinced that so called helpline staff have a clue what they are talking about. They can turn passports out in 48 hours. I have a direct number for Brisbane Passport office if you want it. (I assume we are talking Aus Passports here)
No she is talking British.... The Aussie one doesnt charge you $9.70 a min to call, lol.

But yes, even the Britsih call line only read what is on the website, a waste of time.

Mikey
Old Aug 18th 2008, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Sounds very familiar to me!!! If you read the other thread you will get my rants on the subject. They did do a search for me to enable me to find out where in the process the passport was... The lack of information is shocking! My passport arrived the day before we flew -- stressed does not even begin to describe how we were feeling! In the end we withdrew our application but we did get my son's new passport as it was so near completion...... The frustrating thing for me was that nobody would commit to anything as far as time lines are concerned. All you get is "could take X number of days" "you might still get it on time"
One thing I did find out though is that the information line is based at the consulate, but that the consulate out-source the printing etc of passports so they genuinely dont have info to give you. It's very frustrating though and I hope you get yours in time!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 7:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
No she is talking British.... The Aussie one doesnt charge you $9.70 a min to call, lol.

But yes, even the Britsih call line only read what is on the website, a waste of time.

Mikey
OK ignore everything I put then. I got confused by the High Commission bit I do try to be helpful, honest
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Katherined0
Sounds very familiar to me!!! If you read the other thread you will get my rants on the subject. They did do a search for me to enable me to find out where in the process the passport was... The lack of information is shocking! My passport arrived the day before we flew -- stressed does not even begin to describe how we were feeling! In the end we withdrew our application but we did get my son's new passport as it was so near completion...... The frustrating thing for me was that nobody would commit to anything as far as time lines are concerned. All you get is "could take X number of days" "you might still get it on time"
One thing I did find out though is that the information line is based at the consulate, but that the consulate out-source the printing etc of passports so they genuinely dont have info to give you. It's very frustrating though and I hope you get yours in time!
Hi Katherine
thanks for the info. Bit of an update though we did get 4 phone calls from the passport office today and I completely taken aback. They wanted the address of the co-signator and also wanted to know how I had met him. good news though she did say to my OH it would be printed today or tomorrow. Now the big question how long does it take to arrive after it has been printed?

thanks
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
It 25 – 30 working days after they received it.

I sent mine and they received it the next day, it then took nearly 3 weeks to take the payment and then 2 weeks to get it.

Once they have taken the payment off your credit card then you know the process has started and will be pretty quick after that.

Don’t call that number as it’s a waste of money and they tell you nothing, the fact that you have flights booked might make them hurry it up but not always, again they have already taken your payment so it’s nearly ready.

Mikey
Thanks Mike
I guess I will just have to hope it gets here by next week.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nicola411
Thanks Mike
I guess I will just have to hope it gets here by next week.
Australian Air Express deliver it, so make sure someone is home early to get it – otherwise they take it to the Air Express office and you have to go collect it. If they said they printed it today you should have it by end of week.

Good luck.

Mikey
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Well I would think you would definitely get it well before you fly on Sep 6th... It's worth contacting your counter-signatory tho to make sure they've been contacted. Ours took 6 days from that point!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi kath and mike

I have been in touch with my C/s and they hadnt contacted him yet, but I am going to ring the passport line today to see if there is any more joy.

Nicola

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.