Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

booked our flights

booked our flights

Old Feb 12th 2003, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default booked our flights

Hi everyone
We have booked our flights for 27 May, with Malaysian airlines, also brought one way insurance with them, this was through ebookers.
Can't believe we have got this far, just got to sort house out, hopefully we are moving out at beginning of may. Can't go any earlier as it's my 40th birthday in april and my parents would like me hear for that.

c-ya Yve
Old Feb 12th 2003, 1:08 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: booked our flights

Originally posted by abergas
Hi everyone
We have booked our flights for 27 May, with Malaysian airlines, also brought one way insurance with them, this was through ebookers.
Can't believe we have got this far, just got to sort house out, hopefully we are moving out at beginning of may. Can't go any earlier as it's my 40th birthday in april and my parents would like me hear for that.

c-ya Yve
Congratulations
Well done
Good luck
Where are you going?
I'm new to all this so hope I've replied in the right place!!!!
Debs
Old Feb 12th 2003, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: booked our flights

Originally posted by Debbie Root
Congratulations
Well done
Good luck
Where are you going?
I'm new to all this so hope I've replied in the right place!!!!
Debs
Hi Debs
We are going to Perth,
good luck to you and your plans if you are just starting this process do asmuch research as you can while you are living in limbo, we have been waiting 19 months, (long story) don't panic this shouldn't happen to you!!!!

c-ya Yve
Old Feb 12th 2003, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck, your new life begins at 40, your leaving party and 40th birthday, lots to celibrate.
Old Feb 12th 2003, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

GundamWing is an unknown quantity at this point

may i know the cost of malaysia air ticket
Old Feb 12th 2003, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

You're brave! What if something goes wrong with the house sale? This is our biggest worry. We have removers provisionally booked for 25th Feb but that's about it as those elusive contracts haven't been exchanged yet (we're not cautious or anything!).

The lady moving into our house is positive though and virtually packed! Wish we were. We are going to have a last minute panic.

As soon as the contracts exchange I'll be booking flights, not that the kids are keen at the moment with the army present with their tanks, seeing the news really instilled them with confidence!
Old Feb 12th 2003, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by GundamWing
may i know the cost of malaysia air ticket
Hi there,
One way tickets to Perth were £250 each , tax £37.50 each,
one way insurance £52.50 for family of four, £5 for reg post delivery of tickets in two days.
Altogether with credit card charges it came to £1226.42.
Not bad for a family of 4,(boys are both over 12)
This was with ebookers.com
We realise we will only get 20kgs baggage allowance but we feel
that the bargin price and the 34 " seat pitch + good service + personal telly and bits for the kids has got to worth it.
cul8tr
Dave & Yve
Old Feb 20th 2003, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

wannabee sheila is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to hear your finally on your way. Good luck with the house sale. We flew with Malaysian Air too and they were really good. All the best for your new life in the sun. Dont forget to take a letter confirming your no claims for car insurance, it does help.
I dont get on line much now, due to having to come to the library to do it, also fed up of getting my threads spolt by weather obsessed posters. And of course the other reason is Im having too much fun, making new friends, settling into Aussie life and relaxing after the long long wait.
Good luck
Karen