Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Booked great flights!!!

Booked great flights!!!

Old Sep 4th 2003, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Booked great flights!!!

Just booked our flights . Trying to coordinate possible exchange/completion dates with flights that could be changed was doing my head in. Won't mean much to those without a house to sell but for the others in house selling misery this could be good news too.

Rang Singapore Airlines 0870 608 8886 and booked flights to Melbourne one-way for CHEAPER price than through travel agent. £446 for adult inc taxes. Never done that before as didn't it always used to be that you could only book direct if you paid the full published economy fare?

Anyway, they have a new deal from 22 August. You can reserve the flights, have two weeks to pay and thereafter the flight dates are completely changeable for no fee as long as the new date is before 10th December. We've booked for October and some dates were already full so it's great to have the seats but know we can change them at short notice if we don't exchange on the house sale when planned. We must exchange by 10th December surely?????

No problem with the baggage allowance - they did want the right visa wording though. Hubby got 40kg for his migrant visa. Son and I got 20 kg each on ticket but she said you could actually take 25kg each without any extra charge.

All done in very efficient polite and helpful manner. Remarkable. Really excited now...
Old Sep 4th 2003, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

Hi Jolyn,

Ab` Fab`news!!!

Some more people to visit when we get out there in November. Our meet up group is getting smaller here but rapidly growing out in Australia.

I`ll e-mail you soon

Loraine x
Old Sep 5th 2003, 9:08 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jo.

Great news and thanks for the info on the flights, could come in very useful. GO Go Go! see you on the other side soon
Old Sep 5th 2003, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

Great, I have done that flight and know how good Singapore Airlines are. Enjoy.

Ken and Nel
Old Sep 5th 2003, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

gbarker is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just rung singapore airlines and found them very UNHelpful!!

Firstly they said I couldn't have the additional luggage allowance as it was only valid for certain migrants and those going out on PR weren't eligible. I said I would check it out and get back to them - I'm sure that can't be right!

Then when I said I wanted to go Business class, they would only allow me the standard Business class baggage... so for £399+tax I can go economy with 40Kg - or I can go Business for £1835+tax but I can only take 30Kg (they wouldn't even allow an increase to the £40kg I could take if I went economy)

Suffice to say they won't be getting our business...

Anybody else got any suggestions for cheap Business class fares - preferably with extra luggage capacity??

Glenn
Old Sep 5th 2003, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done guys, you must be really excited.

Had our survey done yesterday and if all's well our buyer wants to complete by 1st week of October, so we are looking at flying mid Oct too.

So looks like drinks in Singapore...where do you wanna meet?!