Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Book "Getting into Australia: The Complete Immigration Guide to Gaining a Short ..."

Book "Getting into Australia: The Complete Immigration Guide to Gaining a Short ..."

Old May 7th 2009, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Gemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the rough
Default Book "Getting into Australia: The Complete Immigration Guide to Gaining a Short ..."

Has anyone used the book "Getting into Australia: The Complete Immigration Guide to Gaining a Short or Long-term Visa" by Mathew Collins?

I was thinking of ordering it but don't want to waste £10 if it's no good.

G x
Old May 7th 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice
Default Re: Book "Getting into Australia: The Complete Immigration Guide to Gaining a Short .

The best advice that I can give you is the internet. It is full of information.

I open up a website to read one article, I end up reading hundreds.

By the way, this forum will give you far more info than anything else. Specially about migrating to Australia.

Because you see, the Book is probably written by 1 or 2 authors, and posts are posted here by hundreds of people, sharing their valuable advice.

Have fun!
Old May 7th 2009, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Book "Getting into Australia: The Complete Immigration Guide to Gaining a Short .

Don't know the book you mention but when I joined Ozforex online (it's free) they sent me a book called "The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia".

It's more geared for those who've already got there visa's but even if you don't end up using Ozforex it's worth joining for the book.

As for any visa related books sorry I can't help. Like live2learn I got all of the info I needed from either here or the immi site.

Cheers
Old May 7th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kryptonix
Don't know the book you mention but when I joined Ozforex online (it's free) they sent me a book called "The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia".

It's more geared for those who've already got there visa's but even if you don't end up using Ozforex it's worth joining for the book.

As for any visa related books sorry I can't help. Like live2learn I got all of the info I needed from either here or the immi site.

Cheers
Thanks Kryptonix, if you liked my post can you please add to my reputation it is the icon below my name.

Thank you so much!
Old May 7th 2009, 7:17 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gemnic
Has anyone used the book "Getting into Australia: The Complete Immigration Guide to Gaining a Short or Long-term Visa" by Mathew Collins?

G x
I have it, it's cr*p lol I find this forum much more useful! Seriously!
Old May 7th 2009, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Would have thought it would go out of date to quickly to be all that useful...
Old May 7th 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Immigration is constantly changing - you may find that a book is quickly out of date.
Old May 8th 2009, 12:17 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gemnic

G x
It's reduced to £6.49 here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Getting-into...741728&sr=1-11
Old May 8th 2009, 12:34 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a chapter on arriving in Australia clinging to a floating door followed by a an all expenses paid holiday on Christmas Island?