Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

book on Emgiration

book on Emgiration

Old Dec 19th 2004, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default book on Emgiration

Hi All

My family are emigrating on the 16/1/05. I have a young son of 7 years, who I think understands most of what is going to happen when we do finally leave to go to Oz.
I was wondering if anyone know's if there is a book I could get him, which will explain Emigrating in a child way.
I have been to WHS, and local book shop's but I have had no joy.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Paula

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old Dec 19th 2004, 6:04 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: book on Emgiration

Hi Paula,

A quick search on Amazon.co.uk has thrown up a number of books - although, having no children, I can't say whether they're the kind of thing you're after or if they're any good?

To give you an idea, search for 'Annushka's Voyage' in the book section. Even if it's not what you're after, it'll bring up the search by subject option and you can then specify to search by children's 4-8 picture books and emigration and immigration. This brings up over 60 books, so I'm sure there must be one that's suitable in there somewhere. And at least it'll save you having to wander round the shops in the cold!!

Hope that helps,

GG

Originally Posted by paula 1
Hi All

My family are emigrating on the 16/1/05. I have a young son of 7 years, who I think understands most of what is going to happen when we do finally leave to go to Oz.
I was wondering if anyone know's if there is a book I could get him, which will explain Emigrating in a child way.
I have been to WHS, and local book shop's but I have had no joy.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Paula

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old Dec 19th 2004, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: book on Emgiration

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hi Paula,

A quick search on Amazon.co.uk has thrown up a number of books - although, having no children, I can't say whether they're the kind of thing you're after or if they're any good?

To give you an idea, search for 'Annushka's Voyage' in the book section. Even if it's not what you're after, it'll bring up the search by subject option and you can then specify to search by children's 4-8 picture books and emigration and immigration. This brings up over 60 books, so I'm sure there must be one that's suitable in there somewhere. And at least it'll save you having to wander round the shops in the cold!!

Hope that helps,

GG
Hi GG

Thank you so much, never gave Amazon a second thought. Hopefully there will be a book suitable for my son.

Have a Great Christmas & a Happy New Year

Paula