Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Book buying tip - check out Amazon UK

Book buying tip - check out Amazon UK

Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Book buying tip - check out Amazon UK

Hi guys
My husband recently ordered some books for his new business. He checked out several Aus book sites and then Amazon Uk. He ordered with Amazon UK and paid $150 (Amazon UK) rather than $250 (Aus book sites). The postage and packing was reasonable (under $20 from Amazon, $10 for Aus book sites) and delivery time was comparable; 3 to 10 days.
ATB
Larissa
Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:16 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Book buying tip - check out Amazon UK

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi guys
My husband recently ordered some books for his new business. He checked out several Aus book sites and then Amazon Uk. He ordered with Amazon UK and paid $150 (Amazon UK) rather than $250 (Aus book sites). The postage and packing was reasonable (under $20 from Amazon, $10 for Aus book sites) and delivery time was comparable; 3 to 10 days.
ATB
Larissa
Thanks Larissa I had often meant to look into the costs. Books are SOOOO expensive over here. Somebody I used to work with a guy (Aussie) said they used to order from Amazon in Canada (Than Oz bookshops not UK) as it was cheaper. If you could do a staitistical analysis for me I would be most greatful .
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:44 am
Badge

Originally Posted by HUP
Thanks Larissa I had often meant to look into the costs. Books are SOOOO expensive over here. Somebody I used to work with a guy (Aussie) said they used to order from Amazon in Canada (Than Oz bookshops not UK) as it was cheaper. If you could do a staitistical analysis for me I would be most greatful .

HUP, mate, when she's finished, could you drive around and tell me.
Thanks again.

Badge

Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:46 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
HUP, mate, when she's finished, could you drive around and tell me.
Thanks again.

Badge
Shes either being a bit slack in dealing with it or the statistical analysis is a bit tricky. I wonder if she is putting in a trend analysis of the exchange rate fluctuations

Come on Larissa
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:11 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HUP
Shes either being a bit slack in dealing with it or the statistical analysis is a bit tricky. I wonder if she is putting in a trend analysis of the exchange rate fluctuations

Come on Larissa

Your Mrs will slap you around the head for being so cheeky.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:20 am
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally Posted by Bordy
Your Mrs will slap you around the head for being so cheeky.
Larrisas not my missus

Anyway Hevs always saying that Larissas a bit slack

Now that may get me a slap
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:22 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HUP
Larrisas not my missus

Anyway Hevs always saying that Larissas a bit slack

Now that may get me a slap

Shes a hard woman that Hevs. I know you have a hard life there HUP.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys, I don't do stats
You will have to call "ABC!" for that
Now, where is he when you need him?