Wikiposts

Boo Hoo

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:31 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Boo Hoo

Bit of a moan and a dilemma

Suppose a company offers to sponsor you to move to Oz. Flights, car/house rental, relocation, good pay the works....

Then you get offered a job in the EU for BIG bucks....

What would you choose.

I am one UNHAPPY bunny at the moment.

We were supposed to have our medicals tomorrow, but Bing has been offered a really great opportunity working in Denmark!!!! and it looks like he's going to take it and sack Oz.

What would you do? I really want to move to Oz, even if its only for a couple of years, and this opportunity might not come around again. Would you take the Visa or the bucks????

Nic
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:32 am
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Boo Hoo

Originally Posted by The O'Neills

Suppose a company offers to sponsor you to move to Oz. Flights, car/house rental, relocation, good pay the works....

What would you choose.

We were supposed to have our medicals tomorrow, but Bing has been offered a really great opportunity working in Denmark!!!! and it looks like he's going to take it and sack Oz.

What would you do? I really want to move to Oz, even if its only for a couple of years, and this opportunity might not come around again. Would you take the Visa or the bucks????

Nic
Visa hun

Plain and Simple

Getting to Oz is not easy - grab the chance while you can - good luck Nic
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:35 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

What would you choose.

Nic
What a dilema.......As if the decision to move to Aus isnt difficult enough!!!! What ever you decide I wish you the best of luck.......C x
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Are you able to get the visa and validate it anyway, at least then you aren't burning all your bridges?

Dolly
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:47 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I would still be tempted to go ahead with the medicals and get your visas.

What if you dont like Denmark?

Good luck in what ever you decide.

Kaye
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:49 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

What would you choose.

Nic
I think that you should look at your reasons for moving to Oz in the first place - was it just because it was offered to you or was it somewhere you had both always wanted to go to? The differences between Denmark and Australia are far too many to even begin to think about and you really need to talk about what you both want from your lives. Money is great but it wont bring contentment, happiness, time for family..............and SUNSHINE!!!???!!!

Good luck with your decision.
Vikki x
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice

[QUOTE=dollydaydream2;4247140]Are you able to get the visa and validate it anyway, at least then you aren't burning all your bridges?

Dolly

spot on dolly, get your visa, validate it, then go Denmark, you'll have 5 yrs to decide whether or not you like it!
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Crikey, what a dilema. Poor you. Can't offer any advice really. But just wanted to say Good luck with whatever you and your family decide. Just remember it needs to be a joint decision and you both need to agree on it.
Nicky x
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Money isn't everything I've been to Denmark, a weekend was enough
Do what you can to get your visa, the more options you have, the better.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=tony_russell;4247179]
Originally Posted by dollydaydream2
Are you able to get the visa and validate it anyway, at least then you aren't burning all your bridges?

Dolly

spot on dolly, get your visa, validate it, then go Denmark, you'll have 5 yrs to decide whether or not you like it!
Will they be able to that if they are getting sponsored?
Nicky x
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=leechy100;4247213]
Originally Posted by tony_russell

Will they be able to that if they are getting sponsored?
Nicky x
I don't know. But if I was them and I could I would.

Dolly
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:06 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Can't have our cake and eat it i'm afraid, it's the visa or the cash. I have wanted to move to Oz for the last 10 years. I know the place well and know what kind of lifestyle it could offer. But Bing is a career man . . . . . . . so BIG dilemma
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:11 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't have our cake and eat it i'm afraid, it's the visa or the cash. I have wanted to move to Oz for the last 10 years. I know the place well and know what kind of lifestyle it could offer. But Bing is a career man . . . . . . . so BIG dilemma

If its your dream then I would go with Oz.....money isnt everything, and there isnt many people who can get over here all expenses paid......it cost us a bloody fortune.........
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:11 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

What would you choose.

Nic
I'm moving to Oz for my kids future, I want them to grow up as Australians. I'll be dropping pay and losing a good pension. I'm not money orientated any more, I'm looking for a lifestyle change.

Why were you planning on Oz?
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:15 am
Homeward bound

Originally Posted by temptininnit
I'm moving to Oz for my kids future, I want them to grow up as Australians. I'll be dropping pay and losing a good pension. I'm not money orientated any more, I'm looking for a lifestyle change.

Why were you planning on Oz?

Same reasons temptin'. I've never been bothered by money, and the truth is that this is a big step up the career ladder for Bing, I think that's the attraction for him more than the money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.