Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bonnet Bay SYDNEY(HELP ANYONE)

Bonnet Bay SYDNEY(HELP ANYONE)

Old May 23rd 2006, 8:21 am
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bonnet Bay SYDNEY(HELP ANYONE)

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone had any info on Bonnet Bay?
What the area is like?

Thank you in advance!

xx

ps I posted this on the Australia forum with no replies.... hope I get at least a couple on this sub-forum, please :-)

Last edited by utopia; May 23rd 2006 at 10:18 am.
Old May 23rd 2006, 7:32 pm
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Bonnet Bay SYDNEY(HELP ANYONE)

Originally Posted by utopia
Hi Everyone,

What the area is like?

Thank you in advance!

xx

ps I posted this on the Australia forum with no replies.... hope I get at least a couple on this sub-forum, please :-)
Does anyone know anything about Bonnet Bay???:-(
Old May 23rd 2006, 9:55 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bonnet Bay SYDNEY(HELP ANYONE)

Does anyone know anything about Bonnet Bay???:-(
Fraid not, but here's a little bit I found for you to read whilst your waiting...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnet_...ew_South_Wales

I'm sure there are some people on here who live down Sutherland shire way.
Old May 23rd 2006, 9:57 pm
Can't wait!

Originally Posted by gedge
Fraid not, but here's a little bit I found for you to read whilst your waiting...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnet_...ew_South_Wales

I'm sure there are some people on here who live down Sutherland shire way.

Thank you so much...

Anyone else been there or know about it please feel free to post lol
Old May 23rd 2006, 11:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'd never heard of it, so I've edited the thread title to match your new post title - might encourage others to help you
Old May 23rd 2006, 11:22 pm
Can't wait!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'd never heard of it, so I've edited the thread title to match your new post title - might encourage others to help you
Thank you so much Pollyana, what would we do without you on this forum!!
Hope things are going well for you....
Old May 24th 2006, 12:28 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Ye...es, I've been there, once, I think, for Christmas lights. It's tiny, parochial, and extortionately expensive... the houses are hugely inflated in price, but all very gorgeous. Yes, it's pretty, it's tiny, but too small really I thought, to have any real community feel to it. The Wikkipedia thing is right in that it's major attraction is the boat ramp. The houses were around the $600K+ mark.

Still, whatever rings your bell.
Old May 24th 2006, 1:29 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Sylvania so not too far away. We have looked at houses there but felt they were overpriced and relying on the water view / proximity factor. Most of them were built in 70's so may have some odd quirks, exposed brick walls etc. It is also very hilly and most houses seem to have a vertical back garden and driveway. There are some on the flat, but they are nearer to the water so attract a premium. We also found that a lot the houses were "upside down" (bedrooms downstairs, living upstairs) which we do not want. There is a small shopping area to cover the essentials. Certainly never heard anything bad about it crimewise. Not sure if that is the info you are after, but hope it helps.
Old May 24th 2006, 8:42 am
Can't wait!

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
I'm in Sylvania so not too far away. We have looked at houses there but felt they were overpriced and relying on the water view / proximity factor. Most of them were built in 70's so may have some odd quirks, exposed brick walls etc. It is also very hilly and most houses seem to have a vertical back garden and driveway. There are some on the flat, but they are nearer to the water so attract a premium. We also found that a lot the houses were "upside down" (bedrooms downstairs, living upstairs) which we do not want. There is a small shopping area to cover the essentials. Certainly never heard anything bad about it crimewise. Not sure if that is the info you are after, but hope it helps.

Thanks Tom,
This is exactly the info I need.....honest opinions!
Thanks
Old May 24th 2006, 8:44 am
Can't wait!

Originally Posted by iPom
Ye...es, I've been there, once, I think, for Christmas lights. It's tiny, parochial, and extortionately expensive... the houses are hugely inflated in price, but all very gorgeous. Yes, it's pretty, it's tiny, but too small really I thought, to have any real community feel to it. The Wikkipedia thing is right in that it's major attraction is the boat ramp. The houses were around the $600K+ mark.

Still, whatever rings your bell.
Hi Ipom,
It looks like it is ideal as in 32 minutes according to whereis.com from my parents and 40 min drive to the CBD...
However, you are right the houses prices are all 600+ :scared: very scary mortgage indeed!

Thanks for replying....
Old May 24th 2006, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

rickyl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

What the area is like?

Thank you in advance!

xx

Hi
We live in Como, next suburb along from Bonnet Bay. The area is lovely, nice and leafy, very quite and low crime rates. There are small supermarkets at Jannali (approx 10-20 min walk from bonnet bay) but there are plenty of larger shopping centres close by. The train station is at jannali or como it takes 30min by train to CBD. Sutherland Shire is, by far, the best area to live with a family as it has all ammenities close by (beaches, CBD, shopping centres, good school and sport facilites) without the hustle and bustle of living closer to the city.
Old May 24th 2006, 10:41 am
Can't wait!

Originally Posted by rickyl
Hi
We live in Como, next suburb along from Bonnet Bay. The area is lovely, nice and leafy, very quite and low crime rates. There are small supermarkets at Jannali (approx 10-20 min walk from bonnet bay) but there are plenty of larger shopping centres close by. The train station is at jannali or como it takes 30min by train to CBD. Sutherland Shire is, by far, the best area to live with a family as it has all ammenities close by (beaches, CBD, shopping centres, good school and sport facilites) without the hustle and bustle of living closer to the city.
Firstly thank you......for taking the time out to reply to my thread,it is much appreciated!

Not sure if you can help with this question however? ...how long would it take to drive to Liverpool,Preston's to be specific?
Not sure if you go down to that neck of the woods.
Whereis.com says 32 min? How realistic is that though?
Old May 24th 2006, 10:43 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly thank you......for taking the time out to reply to my thread,it is much appreciated!

Not sure if you can help with this question however? ...how long would it take to drive to Liverpool,Preston's to be specific?
Not sure if you go down to that neck of the woods.
Whereis.com says 32 min? How realistic is that though?
Yeah, I'd say that was pretty much on the ball.
Old May 24th 2006, 10:51 am
Can't wait!

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
Yeah, I'd say that was pretty much on the ball.
Oh ok... 30 min to CBD and 30 min to my mums...I think we have got it,been on justlisted.com, need to check it out completely first but I really like the location so far!!!!
Old May 24th 2006, 10:52 am
Can't wait!

Oh ok... 30 min to CBD and 30 min to my mums...I think we have got it,been on justlisted.com, need to check it out completely first but I really like the location so far!!!!

NOW JUST NEED TO FIGURE OUT IF WE CAN AFFORD IT!!LOL (need a drink)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.