Bondi?

Old Jun 28th 2008, 3:20 am
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
plantpot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Roseville, North Sydney
Posts: 909
plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Bondi?

Is it overpriced in your opinion for a 3 bed place or really convenient and fun for a family?

No schools needed but a decent nursery would be a plus....
plantpot is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2008, 6:38 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
emigratingherberts's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Curly Beach
Posts: 155
emigratingherberts will become famous soon enoughemigratingherberts will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bondi?

Overrated in my opinion with lots of units and not many houses. There are plenty of nicer beaches all over Sydney.
emigratingherberts is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2008, 7:09 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
NickyC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Sydney beachside
Posts: 3,484
NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bondi?

Bondi is convenient and there are plenty of families living in the area. However, there are certainly nicer beaches/suburbs around.

Checkout Bronte which is a nice suburb (I lived there for many years) that has more of a family feel than Bondi. It has far fewer apartment blocks and no pub (which attract a louder, younger element). Also Coogee (where I live now) which is a bigger suburb, has a good beach for kids and plenty of community spirit.
NickyC is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2008, 8:37 am
  #4  
 
asher's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: in the Sydney asylum
Posts: 20,690
asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bondi?

at the weekends the roads around Bondi become badly congested with people visiting the beach and bondi junction shopping centre.
Bondi beach is overrated as previously stated there are nicer beaches such as Bronte I know a few singletons who live there and love it.
asher is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2008, 8:58 am
  #5  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,913
Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Bondi?

I loved visiting Bondi beach and the shops. But only for a visit.
Nu-Shooz is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2008, 10:21 am
  #6  
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,555
IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bondi?

Originally Posted by plantpot View Post
Is it overpriced in your opinion for a 3 bed place or really convenient and fun for a family?

No schools needed but a decent nursery would be a plus....
Bondi is great to live at and very convenient. It has a wonderful diverse community and an unrivalled range of places to eat. 3 Bed places are rare as hens teeth and the quality is not great. According to the herald prices are now coming down even in Bondi and the other beach burbs.

Bronte is quieter and nicer with less of a range of cafes etc but much more family orientated. Bondi (and Coogee) has far more rented properties and areas can be noisy at night. Clovelly, Waverley, Bellevue Hill maybe good alternatives for you.

Coogee also has 2 of NSW most violent pubs. Not sure why and I was suprised they beat the Bondi hotel to that dubious honour.

Bondi Public School (primary) is not so great and parents try and get their kids into private or Bronte. The secondary school is not too great either but that is an issue with the Eastern Suburbs.

By nursery I presume you mean childcare for preschooolers. For under 2s the waiting lists are 2 years or more. For over that you would do well by contacting Waverley council. I cannot answer your question about the quality as our littlun has been too ill to put in childcare.

I love living here but as my family has expanded I will be leaving for more affordable burbs. It is with great regret I will be leaving as I have enjoyed the beach life, community and the Bondi behind Campbell Parade that tourists don't see.
IvanM is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2008, 10:28 am
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
plantpot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Roseville, North Sydney
Posts: 909
plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bondi?

Originally Posted by IvanM View Post
Bondi is great to live at and very convenient. It has a wonderful diverse community and an unrivalled range of places to eat. 3 Bed places are rare as hens teeth and the quality is not great. According to the herald prices are now coming down even in Bondi and the other beach burbs.

Bronte is quieter and nicer with less of a range of cafes etc but much more family orientated. Bondi (and Coogee) has far more rented properties and areas can be noisy at night. Clovelly, Waverley, Bellevue Hill maybe good alternatives for you.

Coogee also has 2 of NSW most violent pubs. Not sure why and I was suprised they beat the Bondi hotel to that dubious honour.

Bondi Public School (primary) is not so great and parents try and get their kids into private or Bronte. The secondary school is not too great either but that is an issue with the Eastern Suburbs.

By nursery I presume you mean childcare for preschooolers. For under 2s the waiting lists are 2 years or more. For over that you would do well by contacting Waverley council. I cannot answer your question about the quality as our littlun has been too ill to put in childcare.

I love living here but as my family has expanded I will be leaving for more affordable burbs. It is with great regret I will be leaving as I have enjoyed the beach life, community and the Bondi behind Campbell Parade that tourists don't see.
Thanks Ivan, I do mean preschool maybe two days a week or so from aged 3/4...

Bronte sounds nice too...what suburbs will u be heading to if you dont mind me asking?

Can u also tell me what constitute the Eastern suburbs....

PP x
plantpot is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2008, 11:10 am
  #8  
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,555
IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bondi?

Originally Posted by plantpot View Post
Thanks Ivan, I do mean preschool maybe two days a week or so from aged 3/4...

Bronte sounds nice too...what suburbs will u be heading to if you dont mind me asking?

Can u also tell me what constitute the Eastern suburbs....

PP x
Best way to explain is to jump onto www.realestate.com.au and search by map. Jump to the city map and click on Eastern Suburbs.

They include some of Australia's most wealthy, gayest and cosmopolitain suburbs as well as some deprived areas such as Maroubra which has the infamous Bra boys gang and lots of little hoodies running riot. I saw some 3 bedders there that looked good value but were in the middle of a council estate and across the road from a burnt out playground.

I will be heading up the North Shore line in search of a decent school and some space. Relative to Bondi the food will be crap and no beach.

Best way to find out about preschools would be to head to one of the playgroups. My wife takes my son to the ones on Brighton and Wairoa. One is in the church and the other in the Early Childhood Health centre.

I am told Cranbrook has a good preschool but good luck getting in.
IvanM is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2008, 11:14 am
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
plantpot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Roseville, North Sydney
Posts: 909
plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Bondi?

Originally Posted by IvanM View Post
Best way to explain is to jump onto www.realestate.com.au and search by map. Jump to the city map and click on Eastern Suburbs.

They include some of Australia's most wealthy, gayest and cosmopolitain suburbs as well as some deprived areas such as Maroubra which has the infamous Bra boys gang and lots of little hoodies running riot. I saw some 3 bedders there that looked good value but were in the middle of a council estate and across the road from a burnt out playground.

I will be heading up the North Shore line in search of a decent school and some space. Relative to Bondi the food will be crap and no beach.

Best way to find out about preschools would be to head to one of the playgroups. My wife takes my son to the ones on Brighton and Wairoa. One is in the church and the other in the Early Childhood Health centre.

I am told Cranbrook has a good preschool but good luck getting in.
Thanks Ivan, Its the same here with schools, pre schools etc.
I would do playgroup for a year or two anyway til child is 4 so I am not desperate to work or for preschool iyswim, just wanted to know options available to me.

North Shore? Will now look it up, guess you need a car there (or should I say one each?)

Do you drive 2 cars or did your wife and child use public transport?

Thanks again for you replies. Invaluable.

PP
plantpot is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2008, 11:32 am
  #10  
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,555
IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bondi?

Originally Posted by plantpot View Post
Thanks Ivan, Its the same here with schools, pre schools etc.
I would do playgroup for a year or two anyway til child is 4 so I am not desperate to work or for preschool iyswim, just wanted to know options available to me.

North Shore? Will now look it up, guess you need a car there (or should I say one each?)

Do you drive 2 cars or did your wife and child use public transport?

Thanks again for you replies. Invaluable.

PP
North Shore is good for getting into Sydney and the rest of the North Shore line.

In Bondi we are a one car family as the Mrs doesn't drive and we get by OK. We still need the car for large grocery shopping but you can walk to most stuff you need around here without having to go up to the junction. It is one reason we have stuck around so long as the Mrs can go to playgroup, get fresh fuit and veg and other small supplies without needing to drive. She can also take the toddler to the parks and beach in the stroller.

The main time I have needed to drive her is for hospital appointments when she was heavily pregnant.

When we move and the Mrs is less sleep deprived I hope she will drive. The other thing about Bondi is that it has a large transient population that loves living there but has to move for space.

Good luck with everything and hope you find what you want.
IvanM is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.