Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bond University, It has the highest ........

Bond University, It has the highest ........

Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bond University, It has the highest ........

Fees in the world of uni, even more expensive than Harvard, we are looking into Uni for eldest son, so Bond uni had open day today, so off we went, beautiful uni, but, I think most people who go to that place must have more money than sense.
They only charge you $80,000 to $100,000 books are not included, its private, they fast track degrees into 2 years, but the degrees are not honours, so I really dont understand what is so special about them?

Love to hear your thought on Australian Uni please.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Bond University, It has the highest ........

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Fees in the world of uni, even more expensive than Harvard, we are looking into Uni for eldest son, so Bond uni had open day today, so off we went, beautiful uni, but, I think most people who go to that place must have more money than sense.
They only charge you $80,000 to $100,000 books are not included, its private, they fast track degrees into 2 years, but the degrees are not honours, so I really dont understand what is so special about them?

Farideh,
Depends if you are loaded and in a hurry. I have lots of great things about Bond - they do have scholarships, so that might be worth investigating.

I also think it depends on what your son decides to study, you will need then to find out what Uni is best for that subject. IMO Griffith is a great uni, and it is a lot cheaper but it takes a bit longer.
Regards
Debs
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Farideh,
Depends if you are loaded and in a hurry. I have lots of great things about Bond - they do have scholarships, so that might be worth investigating.

I also think it depends on what your son decides to study, you will need then to find out what Uni is best for that subject. IMO Griffith is a great uni, and it is a lot cheaper but it takes a bit longer.
Regards
Debs
Hi Debs,

Time is not the issue, he has chosen 3 Uni which he is most interested, one is in ACT, one in Adelaide & one in Queensland.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I understand it, Bond is the best for business degrees, like MBAs, so if that's his bag then go for it!

Don't forget, all of the standard degrees here (3 years) are Bachelor degrees not Honours. Honours is an optional year extra - so four years in total (and of course more money, they're not silly are they ).

What's he planning on studying Farideh?
Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rabsody
As far as I understand it, Bond is the best for business degrees, like MBAs, so if that's his bag then go for it!

Don't forget, all of the standard degrees here (3 years) are Bachelor degrees not Honours. Honours is an optional year extra - so four years in total (and of course more money, they're not silly are they ).

What's he planning on studying Farideh?
What they told us today its just ordinary degree & what they do is give marks from each module, like Open University.

He likes University of Queensland, I have to check their open day, I just hope we haven’t missed it.

He wants to study Economic as pure subject.

Last edited by chris and farideh; Aug 17th 2008 at 12:24 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

What they told us today its just ordinary degree & what they do is give marks from each module, like Open University.

He likes University of Queensland, I have to check their open day, I just we haven’t missed it.

He wants to study Economic as pure subject.
Oh well, at least he doesnt want to do a med degree at Bond - that is about $270K
Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh well, at least he doesnt want to do a med degree at Bond - that is about $270K
They told us it was $100,000, I tell you they rip you off.

It was really lovely uni, but you need to be a bit rich, just a bit.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

They told us it was $100,000, I tell you they rip you off.

It was really lovely uni, but you need to be a bit rich, just a bit.
I think the "normal" undergrad degrees are about $100. However, law & Med are more expensive.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:10 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debs,

Time is not the issue, he has chosen 3 Uni which he is most interested, one is in ACT, one in Adelaide & one in Queensland.
Has he thought of Griffith? They have degree programs and have a good honours college.

Campuses at Nathan, Logan and Gold Coast.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think the "normal" undergrad degrees are about $100. However, law & Med are more expensive.
They told us that Med was $100,000. this is just for the 2 year degree, I'm sure if they need to do another 2 year the price would be another $100, 000 & so on.
she did say everything else was $80,000 including law.
she also said student can apply for government loan, & until they start earning decent wages, they dont have to pay back the loan, not cheap.
Other thing we notice there, it was very white uni, we didnt see any Asian or black student at all, not even one.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stitch
Has he thought of Griffith? They have degree programs and have a good honours college.

Campuses at Nathan, Logan and Gold Coast.

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks Ginny, my son has been checking them but they rank very low in the world, where as queensland & the other 2 Uni are quite high up.
We cant check the ranking for Bond as they are private & very expensive.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto (the big city in Canada, not the town in New South Wales!)
torcraw has a spectacular aura abouttorcraw has a spectacular aura abouttorcraw has a spectacular aura about

Other thing we notice there, it was very white uni, we didnt see any Asian or black student at all, not even one.
I have a Chinese-Canadian friend at Bond in a masters degree program who has several other Asians (from Canada and the U.S.) and an African-American as schoolmates in her faculty, so perhaps you were just looking in the wrong place.

I understand Bond to be quite a reputable school, and like many private universities, rarely do students ever actually pay the full "official" tuition, there's usually a lot of scholarships or grants to be had.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by torcraw
I have a Chinese-Canadian friend at Bond in a masters degree program who has several other Asians (from Canada and the U.S.) and an African-American as schoolmates in her faculty, so perhaps you were just looking in the wrong place.

I understand Bond to be quite a reputable school, and like many private universities, rarely do students ever actually pay the full "official" tuition, there's usually a lot of scholarships or grants to be had.
Every student who was showing people around or offering to help with subjects were white, we didnt see not one single asian or anything else there we were there from11 till 4 oclock, why would do I have to make it up, when I'm not white myself.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Remember, the medical degrees in the UK cost £250K - almost entirely subsidised by the government.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto (the big city in Canada, not the town in New South Wales!)
torcraw has a spectacular aura abouttorcraw has a spectacular aura abouttorcraw has a spectacular aura about

Can't answer on that one, although I was just looking at her Facebook photos of the Bond Open Day (literally 5 minutes prior to seeing this thread, so this obviously caught my eye), and there are photos of her working a booth as was her African-American friend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.