Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bond Requested but House not Sold

Bond Requested but House not Sold

Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:21 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Bond Requested but House not Sold

Hi all

Agent has just phoned to say the bond has been requested. Have had the house on the market for 10 weeks and not a single viewing. Have dropped the price £10k and still nothing.

Phoned the mortgage company yesterday and they said they couldn't lend £40,000.00 for the short period and would put me through to the loans dept. He said I couldn't borrow any more than £25,000. I don't work so can't take out two loans, one for hubby and one for me.

Have any of you been in a similar situation and could help with names of a helpful finance co. Want to explore all avenues before speaking to family.

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

Shelley xx
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bond Requested but House not Sold

Originally Posted by Shelley29
Hi all

Agent has just phoned to say the bond has been requested. Have had the house on the market for 10 weeks and not a single viewing. Have dropped the price £10k and still nothing.

Phoned the mortgage company yesterday and they said they couldn't lend £40,000.00 for the short period and would put me through to the loans dept. He said I couldn't borrow any more than £25,000. I don't work so can't take out two loans, one for hubby and one for me.

Have any of you been in a similar situation and could help with names of a helpful finance co. Want to explore all avenues before speaking to family.

Shelley xx
Have you looked into a bridging loan, they usually lend a lot more than personal loans ?

Do a search on Google I'm sure as long as you have enough equity in your home you should get something, but time is against you I guess.

Good luck, isn't house selling a bummer !!!

Phil
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:09 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Shelley xx
Shelley

Hope you get this sorted soon - can't give you a loan but have given you some karma!

I thought our situation was bad enough - visas granted but house to sell but you not having sold your house must be worse as no house sale = no bond = no visa.

Good luck.

Binbird
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:52 am

Thanks guys. I will try doing a bridging loan search. I bet that will sting us, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thanks too for the karma - always a help - have just got back from Sainsburys - Hardy's Crest on Special so have indulged in a couple of bottles for when hubby gets back. Purely medicinal purposes you understand.

Shelley x
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

We anticipated this happening to us, so we re-mortgaged our house approx 6 months prior to The Bond being requested. It cost a bit in redemption fee, but we didnt want to run the risk of having the bond requested but no house sale.

Hope you manage to sort it.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
We anticipated this happening to us, so we re-mortgaged our house approx 6 months prior to The Bond being requested. It cost a bit in redemption fee, but we didnt want to run the risk of having the bond requested but no house sale.

Hope you manage to sort it.

Thanks Sandra.

Wish we'd thought of doing that. Thought that putting the house on the market in plenty of time, would be enough. What you have paid in redemption fees will probably be less than we end up paying for bridging. Hey Ho.

Shelley xx
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:39 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Shelley xx
Hi Shelley,
We took a further advance on our existing mortgage saying that it was for a holiday home. My dad who just happens to be a financial adviser, dealing mainly in mortgages said that this was the best option for us. I lied with the best of them and managed to get just over 36k from them. The rest came from our savings. We took the further advance on an interest only basis and have to pay back £180 a month which is manageable. Give this option a try.
Best of luck
Sarah
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:42 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Oh Shelley

how crap for you, a big headache
can't suggest anything to help
but sending you some karma

Carole
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:46 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Some info here about loans:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...99314935,42333,

Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Sandra.

Wish we'd thought of doing that. Thought that putting the house on the market in plenty of time, would be enough. What you have paid in redemption fees will probably be less than we end up paying for bridging. Hey Ho.

Shelley xx
Shelley

If you need 2 loans but can only get 1, apply for 2 online and when they send the paperwork through (wait for both sets) then send off together, what we found happens is they both do the credit check around the same time and the other one does not show up meaning you get accepted for both, or at least this worked for us....

Also I would advise requesting an xtension on you bond date, we asked emailled our case officer and asked for a week xtension, saying we were waiting for our endowment cheque to arrive , she mailled back saying the DIMIA understand this a lot of money to collect together and gave us a month xtension, and then said if we needed more time after that to let her know.

Hope this helps

Tabby
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:52 pm

Unhappy Re: Bond Requested but House not Sold

Originally Posted by teach
Hi Shelley,
We took a further advance on our existing mortgage saying that it was for a holiday home. My dad who just happens to be a financial adviser, dealing mainly in mortgages said that this was the best option for us. I lied with the best of them and managed to get just over 36k from them. The rest came from our savings. We took the further advance on an interest only basis and have to pay back £180 a month which is manageable. Give this option a try.
Best of luck
Sarah

Can't really do that now cause I was really honest and told them exactly what it was for. So now they know. I know stupid aren't I.

Thanks Sarah
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Oh Shelley

how crap for you, a big headache
can't suggest anything to help
but sending you some karma

Carole
Thanks Carole, every little bit helps.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by bridiej

Thank you very much will take a look at this.

Shelley
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by tabby
Shelley

If you need 2 loans but can only get 1, apply for 2 online and when they send the paperwork through (wait for both sets) then send off together, what we found happens is they both do the credit check around the same time and the other one does not show up meaning you get accepted for both, or at least this worked for us....

Also I would advise requesting an xtension on you bond date, we asked emailled our case officer and asked for a week xtension, saying we were waiting for our endowment cheque to arrive , she mailled back saying the DIMIA understand this a lot of money to collect together and gave us a month xtension, and then said if we needed more time after that to let her know.

Hope this helps

Tabby
Tabby you didn't - I don't know whether I dare do that.

I know our agent said we had 49 days and then the option of a 28 day extension, but I mean, even if we get a buyer for the house, I bet it won't go through in that time.

Another drive by starer this afternoon - I tell you I'm gonna drag them in off the street soon.

required urgently.

Shelley xx
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to here your situation we did the same as Teach and lied! you could try your mortgage company again and hope that you speak to someone else, just say you want it for a extension on your house, if they say anything about your previous call just say you`ve changed your mind...worth a try, they can only say no.

GOOD LUCK

Sue...sending you some K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.