Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bond money requested!!

Bond money requested!!

Old Sep 26th 2003, 9:33 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Bond money requested!!

Hi all,

Had a phone call from a very excited Sister-in-law in Brisbane at 2am this morning. She had just got a letter from DIMIA requesting the bond money!
Now I know this means I'm pretty close to the end - but just how close am I? Anybody know roughly how long the wait is between them getting the bond $$$ and me getting my visa?

Another curiosity - in all the gumpf I read (about Skilled Australian Sponsored), I was SURE that the amount they would need as a bond was $10,000. But apparently this letter only asked for $3,500. ??? Anyone??

Anyway, needless to say, after she called I lay awake till about 4am, excited and wondering when, what next, what then.... etc etc. Would really like to know if I'm gonna get it before Xmas or not. ???

W.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Check out www.austimeline.com. that'll give you a good idea of how long left you've got to wait! You can do a search for the relevant assessing bodies i.e same as yours and Bobs your Uncle.
I think from what I've seen its only a matter of weeks, 2 months at the most.

Good luck to ya,

Leigh.

Last edited by steandleigh; Sep 26th 2003 at 11:15 am.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 11:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bond money requested!!

[i]Now I know this means I'm pretty close to the end - but just how close am I? Anybody know roughly how long the wait is between them getting the bond $$$ and me getting my visa?

Another curiosity - in all the gumpf I read (about Skilled Australian Sponsored), I was SURE that the amount they would need as a bond was $10,000. But apparently this letter only asked for $3,500. ??? Anyone??

W.
Basically this means your in! Ours took 2 agonisingly long months after the bond was issued.

As for the amount, if its an AOS bond then its $2000 for the main applicant the $1500 for the others (something like that!) So it depends how big your party is. Also don't forget to send the extra $200 for them to open the account for you.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

FiFi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Independant - Bonus Bond

Hi

anyone got timeline experience of this .. got certificate through this morning, dated 17/9... checked website, someone got visa in 8 days ... anybody else for experience ?

cheers