Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bond money req today

bond money req today

Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:29 pm
mark,abbi,tia & max

mark warner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bond money req today

hi all at long last we have received the request for the bond money the only problem is where the bloody hell do you send it ,if anyone has got any links i can go to i would really appreciate it
thankyou
mark
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi Mark

Do a search on here for bond or designated investment. I did post some stuff on here about when we posted our bond. Dont worry it is pretty easy and dont forget to ask the Treasury Dept that you lodge the bond with how much their bank charges to accept the money transfer (I think we paid around 15 dollars).

Any questions let me know.

Debs
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:37 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bond money req today

Originally posted by mark warner
hi all at long last we have received the request for the bond money the only problem is where the bloody hell do you send it ,if anyone has got any links i can go to i would really appreciate it
thankyou
mark
hiya we r on skilled designated area sponsored......my sponsor had to pay the bond into the commonwealth bank...then forward the documents to DIMIA......dunno if this will help
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:38 pm
mark,abbi,tia & max

mark warner is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the responce debs
mark.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:57 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou
mark
Mark, hope you found the right place.
But if not try Bix Investments Ltd. They are always happy to handle your cash
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:14 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou
mark
I sent the bond money to my sponsor who then went into the Commonwealth Bank and lodged the paperwork. Apparently evry large branch will know the ropes - and if they don't , get them to phone the accounts part of the appropriate DIMIA office for instructions.

Bond cost about $200 to set up.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 10:50 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by debsy
Hi Mark

Do a search on here for bond or designated investment. I did post some stuff on here about when we posted our bond. Dont worry it is pretty easy and dont forget to ask the Treasury Dept that you lodge the bond with how much their bank charges to accept the money transfer (I think we paid around 15 dollars).

Any questions let me know.

Debs
Hi Debsy

Were you informed by DIMIA that your visa had been granted at point they asked for the bond? Or did you get asked for bond then informed of visa success some time afterwards?

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Feb 29th 2004, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

THYE.A. is an unknown quantity at this point

could you pls tell which is requested first , the Bond money or the medical request ?

Thanks
Old Feb 29th 2004, 2:39 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by THYE.A.
could you pls tell which is requested first , the Bond money or the medical request ?

Thanks
Oh, the medical. My understanding is that the bond is only requested when the visa is ready to be granted - ie pending the bond. Be a bit of a cheek otherwise!
Old Feb 29th 2004, 2:39 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Rog Williams
Oh, the medical. My understanding is that the bond is only requested when the visa is ready to be granted - ie pending the bond. Be a bit of a cheek otherwise!
Hi Rog

Thats my understanding too. For skilled Independant the process was as folls:

1. Skills assessed & passed
2. Application submitted to DIMIA with skills assessment attached.
3. Medical & Police checks done & submitted
4. Re-submission of refrences, structure chart info, upto date wage slips etc.

Now awaiting confirmation that (4) info is OK and bond required.

Am now reliably informed by yourself that visa is granted pending bond being paid [sounds fair enough!].

Hope this helps others re process outline

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Feb 29th 2004, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hi Debsy

Were you informed by DIMIA that your visa had been granted at point they asked for the bond? Or did you get asked for bond then informed of visa success some time afterwards?

Phoenixuk2oz
Phoenix

They requested the bond, we lodged it and we got our visa a few weeks later.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 6:31 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by debsy
Phoenix

They requested the bond, we lodged it and we got our visa a few weeks later.
Thanks for this debsy

Looks like we will be asked for bond in next few weeks & wondered if we would be told at that point or after.

Guess if DIMIA ask for bond this means by definition the visa will be granted!

Thanks again for your response. Much appreciated.

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Feb 29th 2004, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good luck phoenix. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help you with when you get the request.