Bond money

Old Oct 9th 2004, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Keithy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Bond money

Hi all we are nearing the end of our application for a skilled independant.I will be lodgeing the 100k bond with the WA treasury but cant find anything on their site informing you of the interest rate they pay.Any one been through this recently or have any information on it ie when interest is paid etc.

many thanks,

Madhouses Hubby.
Old Oct 9th 2004, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bond money

Originally Posted by Keithy
Hi all we are nearing the end of our application for a skilled independant.I will be lodgeing the 100k bond with the WA treasury but cant find anything on their site informing you of the interest rate they pay.Any one been through this recently or have any information on it ie when interest is paid etc.

many thanks,

Madhouses Hubby.
They pay interest after 6 months then again after the 12 months. They pay either direct into bank account or by cheque- you can choose. I emailed for a current interest rate. I will look out the email details after I've bathed the kids!
Yvonne
Old Oct 9th 2004, 5:23 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

We went with WA - simple process, they advised us of the rate at the time and then confirmed it when we had paid the funds - it was around 5.2%. Interest paid every six months by either AS$ cheque or direct into an Australian bank account - reminds me I must set up an account as the first six months is up at the end of December.

Chris
Old Oct 9th 2004, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Keithy

many thanks,

Madhouses Hubby.
OK, bath time done I assume you know you can lodge with any state....regardless of where you plan to settle. I emailed each treasury and got their interest rates. At that time it was W.A. offering the best rate. here's a list of the different treasury corporations- hope they're still the same;

NSW- [email protected]
N.T.- [email protected]
W.A. [email protected]

for Queensland and S.A I havent got email addresses just websites but I think they give you links for contact
www.qtc.qld.gov.au
www.safa.sa.gov.au

I think everyone except queensland got back to me within a couple of days. The procedure was much easier than I expected.
HTH
Yvonne
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:04 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to back up what Yvonne has said, I also emailed QLD and WA and they both replied back within a couple of days with application packs and advise dme of the interest rates.

To be honest theer really wasn't much to choose between them and I just plumped for QLD for no particular reason.

The whole process is really very easy and the application pack explained it step by step. The most awkward step was using HIFX to transfer the bond money which involved a trip to the bank, but even that was relatively straightforward.

Good Luck !