Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bond, James Bond

Bond, James Bond

Old Mar 5th 2005, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future
Default Bond, James Bond

I'm at the bond stage of my 138 visa, and just wanted to shed some light on this area, as i had no idea what it envolved. Especially now centrelink is dealing with this matter, and my agent being useless!

For your assurer to be eligable he/she needs to have 2 years books in Australia, and all the usual documents certified. The assurer needs to score 100 points (just like we need points to get the visa) Otherwise you need another assurer. :scared:

My assurer has been in Australia for years, but the two years books he gave weren't good enough due the amount earned in the first year wasn't enough. As a result he needs to wait until his accountant has processed his third years books so he can use those. This is just for the paperwork.

When all the paperwork is done he will then be asked for the bond. Now i thought that all he did was give centrelink the bond money. No, he has to get the money and go to a bank. Buy some bonds and then take them to centrelink so they can store them for 2 years! What a ball ache! I owe my assurer a few

Bottom line is. Make sure your assurer has alot of patience