Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bond info required

Bond info required

Old May 22nd 2005, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

ken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the rough
Default Bond info required

Hi all i have searched a bit but cannot find a definitive answer regarding what the bond is about! Is it something you have to pay if your points fall slightly below the pass mark or does everyone have to pay?
Old May 22nd 2005, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Bond info required

Originally Posted by ken.rooney
Hi all i have searched a bit but cannot find a definitive answer regarding what the bond is about! Is it something you have to pay if your points fall slightly below the pass mark or does everyone have to pay?
U need to be more specific. Which bond are u talking about?. There are many different types of Visa to apply for and varied Bond requirements. U will need to inform us which visa u are applying for before a detailed answer can be given.
Old May 22nd 2005, 6:51 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

If you are talking about the capital investment - that is $100k invested in your choice of Australian state (QLD,NSW etc..) for a minimum of 1 year. People choose to do this to gain the 5 points offered.
Old May 22nd 2005, 6:58 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Damn and I thought this thread was about international espionage
Old May 22nd 2005, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fraser
Damn and I thought this thread was about international espionage
It is. Use the force too search your feelings, and this message will self distruct in 10 seconds
Old May 22nd 2005, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

ken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the rough

Sorry chaps no spies here, i should have been more specific i am applying for a 136 skilled independant visa, the bond i am talking about is the 100K capital investment bond i have seen mentioned on this site.
Old May 22nd 2005, 7:12 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry chaps no spies here, i should have been more specific i am applying for a 136 skilled independant visa, the bond i am talking about is the 100K capital investment bond i have seen mentioned on this site.
Yes you get five points for it. The money is invested by the Australian goverment and paid back with interest after a year. Hence only needed if short of points
Old May 22nd 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ken,
thanks for coming back. Under the skilled independent u need to have 120 points to be able to apply. Depending on what DIMIA says your skills are worth,education, age, etc you may fall short of the 120 points required. There is an option to gain additional 5 points for investing $100K . Its for 12 months and earns you interest, and then the money is given back to you, if you desire. Not everyone has to invest in the bond.

Best of luck

Chris
Old May 24th 2005, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help all, more questions answered , what a good idea these sites are!!
Old May 24th 2005, 11:43 pm
stevenpoole9

Thanks for the help all, more questions answered , what a good idea these sites are!!
The $A100,000 5 point bonus bond will need to be part of your initial application, we had to write a brief letter stating we would pay the bond once it was requested from DIMIA, this was sent to our agent who passed it on as part of our application (skilled independent 136 class) You'll need to contact an international money trader (don'y use your own bank the rates are pants) we used HIFX and they did the job with no fuss (it cost me GBP41,319.62 @ a rate of $A2.42 -GBP1) Once your application has got past the point of medicals & PCC's having been checked and okayed, the bond will need to be paid 6 weeks after it is requested, so you will need to have the funds in place. This is the last part of your visa process and is simply an administrive money transfer. You deal with whichever State Treasury you want to, we used Queensland for convenience, as we're off to Brisbane. The guy there was fantastic even answering e-mails almost immedeatly, The Treasury will accept the bond payment from you and then pass on form 1134 to your case officer to confirm the bond payment has been made. Form 1134 and Treasury details will be sent to you once DIMIA has asked for the bond payment to be made. You recieve intrest on the bond from the moment it is accepted, the rate is set from that point as well, we're getting about 7% -tax!! This can either be paid at the end of the 12 month period or 1/2 after 6 months and the rest at the end. Repayment of the bond is made 12 months after it has been accepted wether you have taken up residency or not, obviously this may or may not effect your moving timeframe depending on your circumstances. Hope this helps. Steve.

Old May 25th 2005, 12:09 am
stevenpoole9

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9
The $A100,000 5 point bonus bond will need to be part of your initial application, we had to write a brief letter stating we would pay the bond once it was requested from DIMIA, this was sent to our agent who passed it on as part of our application (skilled independent 136 class) You'll need to contact an international money trader (don'y use your own bank the rates are pants) we used HIFX and they did the job with no fuss (it cost me GBP41,319.62 @ a rate of $A2.42 -GBP1) Once your application has got past the point of medicals & PCC's having been checked and okayed, the bond will need to be paid 6 weeks after it is requested, so you will need to have the funds in place. This is the last part of your visa process and is simply an administrive money transfer. You deal with whichever State Treasury you want to, we used Queensland for convenience, as we're off to Brisbane. The guy there was fantastic even answering e-mails almost immedeatly, The Treasury will accept the bond payment from you and then pass on form 1134 to your case officer to confirm the bond payment has been made. Form 1134 and Treasury details will be sent to you once DIMIA has asked for the bond payment to be made. You recieve intrest on the bond from the moment it is accepted, the rate is set from that point as well, we're getting about 7% -tax!! This can either be paid at the end of the 12 month period or 1/2 after 6 months and the rest at the end. Repayment of the bond is made 12 months after it has been accepted wether you have taken up residency or not, obviously this may or may not effect your moving timeframe depending on your circumstances. Hope this helps. Steve.
Fraser can you guess where Paul Ince is standing when this picture was taken? Yep, right in front of the Steve Bull lower after soring the 3rd goal in the 4-2 victory at the Molineux. Now I know you hammers have a soft spot for the Guv'nor (probably the Thames) so I'm sure you'll understand why he was quite pleased to have scored! By the way I hope you lot go up 'cause Preston will get absoloutly stuffed in the Premier League.

Old May 25th 2005, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9
Fraser can you guess where Paul Ince is standing when this picture was taken? Yep, right in front of the Steve Bull lower after soring the 3rd goal in the 4-2 victory at the Molineux. Now I know you hammers have a soft spot for the Guv'nor (probably the Thames) so I'm sure you'll understand why he was quite pleased to have scored! By the way I hope you lot go up 'cause Preston will get absoloutly stuffed in the Premier League.
Thanks for that mate
Old May 25th 2005, 9:17 am
stevenpoole9

Originally Posted by fraser
Thanks for that mate
Sorry mate, but I'd just found out how to add a picture to my posts, I just happened to have that picture, I have a season ticket for the Wolves, and I actually remember him doing that after he'd scored. I think he was reminding you that his name was Ince not Judas. Seriously I do hope you go up on Monday, Are you going to the game? My Dad and I went in 2003 it was one of the best days of my life. Anyway enjoy the day you should kill Preston I'm still not sure how they managed to get up there in the 1st place. Steve.

Old May 26th 2005, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that good answer Steve, speaking of best days of our lives i am a Liverpool supporter guess what i am smiling!!!!
Old May 27th 2005, 9:59 am
stevenpoole9

Thanks for that good answer Steve, speaking of best days of our lives i am a Liverpool supporter guess what i am smiling!!!!
The whole of England should be smiling (except perhaps a little part of Manchester-on-Thames) I missed the 1st half, we were at a car boot selling loads of stuff we aren't going to ship, "She Who Must Be Obeyed" organised it without realising the football was on? DOH!!?? Not impresed to say the least) My Dad was looking after the kids and taping it for me, when I heard what the score was I thought I might as well watch it now. I never even got a chance to empty the car when all hell broke loose.I sat and watched the second half jumping up and down, (the missus asked what was I doing, I don't even support Liverpool?!?!) When we won I couldn't believe it. That is THE best European game I have ever seen. Anyway once it had finished I realised the video was still running, so I watched the whole thing again on Thursday. That Stevie Gerrard is some player, almost as good as Paul INCE........ But my man of the match was Jamie Carragher (spelling?) outstanding tackles and covering all night, a real scouse hero, in the Emlyn Hughes mould. Anyway keep smiling and I hope that UEFA will let you, and the Toffees, play in the competition next season.
Oh, I hope the answer helped you as well, we've had to put the bond up a couple of weeks ago so that's how I know so much about it, we're just waiting for confimation from our agent and/or DIMIA that the visas have been approved. Just a little nervous now, as you can imagine. Steve.