Bond confusion

Old May 20th 2004, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Bond confusion

Hello everyone
when lodging the bond money, can we telegraphically transfer the AU$100,000 from our Lloyds TSB account to the Queensland Treasury Corporation without using a brokerage or third party? just a query? Also on the forms it says to put an address for the interest to be paid, we won't know our addy in Brisbane till we get there so how do we fill in that bit?

Thanks in advance
Rach x
Old May 20th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Bond confusion

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hello everyone
when lodging the bond money, can we telegraphically transfer the AU$100,000 from our Lloyds TSB account to the Queensland Treasury Corporation without using a brokerage or third party?
Rach we transferred the money straight from our bank to QLD Treasury corp. You need to ask for their banks swift code and also dont forget to ask them if their bank charges for receiving the transfer as we had to pay an extra $15 dollars for this. You can only do this after you have transferred it to AUD though. Have you tried Hifx - I think they transfer it for you. Plumber or Phoenix maybe able to help you with that one.

[i] just a query? Also on the forms it says to put an address for the interest to be paid, we won't know our addy in Brisbane till we get there so how do we fill in that bit?

Thanks in advance
Rach x
You will have to put your current address for that one and then write to them at the address on the bond when you have a permanent Aus address. I am sure that this can be done a couple of weeks before the interest is due.

regards
debs
Old May 20th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hello everyone
when lodging the bond money, can we telegraphically transfer the AU$100,000 from our Lloyds TSB account to the Queensland Treasury Corporation without using a brokerage or third party? just a query? Also on the forms it says to put an address for the interest to be paid, we won't know our addy in Brisbane till we get there so how do we fill in that bit?

Thanks in advance
Rach x

either everyone is fed up with my questions or no one knows the answer!
Old May 20th 2004, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by debsy
Rach we transferred the money straight from our bank to QLD Treasury corp. You need to ask for their banks swift code and also dont forget to ask them if their bank charges for receiving the transfer as we had to pay an extra $15 dollars for this. You can only do this after you have transferred it to AUD though. Have you tried Hifx - I think they transfer it for you. Plumber or Phoenix maybe able to help you with that one.

You will have to put your current address for that one and then write to them at the address on the bond when you have a permanent Aus address. I am sure that this can be done a couple of weeks before the interest is due.

regards
debs

All too bloody confusing mate and hubby is no help at all!
Old May 20th 2004, 7:39 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Hello everyone

Thanks in advance
Rach x
Yes. Barclays sent mine for me. It cost about 25 quid.

Use your English address, change it to your Aussie one when you get here.
Old May 20th 2004, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

gazza321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rach
You can transfer the money by doing an international money mover from your bank. Depending on how quick you want it to get there it costs from about 7 to about 18 notes. But I would check out HIFX. I've just used them to do our bond money. They are very good, they give a very good rate and they won't charge to send the money over either.
I would select payment by cheque to your address in the UK. You can then just advise them of your oz bank account as soon as it is opened.

Cheers

Gazza
Hello everyone

Thanks in advance
Rach x
Old May 20th 2004, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Gazza for the info! will sort it all out as soon as the remortgage is sorted!
Whereabouts in Bournemouth are you? we're in Parkstone!
kind regards
Rach x
Old May 20th 2004, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Chippy

Thanks for the advice Chippy
hugs
Rach x
Old May 20th 2004, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

No worries Rach.
Live in Christchurch. Have you had your bond requested?
Old May 20th 2004, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, thats why the panic! bungalow on the market for over a month not sold so remortgaged money should be in the bank within 2 weeks, had the forms from Queensland Treasury but all a bit confusing!
where are you in the application?
rach x

Christchurch - very nice
Old May 20th 2004, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Yes bond requested and HIFX are just waiting for my cheque to clear so the bond should be lodged early next week hopefully. (Cost us £39513)