Wikiposts

Bond/bank

Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Bond/bank

Hi guys
has anyone used their bank to change and lodge the money for the bond? i am totally perplexed by HIFX and only a couple of doors away from my bank TSB!
if anyone has used their bank please let me know how easy it was!
Thanks
Rach x
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:23 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Bond/bank

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi guys
has anyone used their bank to change and lodge the money for the bond? i am totally perplexed by HIFX and only a couple of doors away from my bank TSB!
if anyone has used their bank please let me know how easy it was!
Thanks
Rach x
Hiya Rach

I used bank to lodge bond and it was easy peasy lemon squeezy

Go to bank, ask for appointment, fill in form with member of staff. Give them details [supplied on bond application form itself] and let them know how much you need to transfer. Bank will charge you a transfer fee [think mine was approx £25] and will arrange the transferral of cash from UK bank to Oz treasury.

The following day I faxed the completed treasury form to Queensland treasury along with a copy of the bank transfer and an accompanying brief letter which included my ref details.

I then sent all the originals by registered post to Treasury dept as per instructions on the form.

I also sent a faxd copy of all the above to DIMIA case officer to explain the Treasury dept now had my dosh and they would be contacting DIMIA shortly to confirm so that I get my points [I don't think this is necessary but I did it out of courtesey].

Hope this helps Rach. PM if req anything more

Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Rach,

HIFX is really easy. I got a bit confused but a couple of mates on here helped me out.
Give em a ring.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

FalcoThorn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rach,

We got our bond request today and are thinking of going with HIFX. Banks don't really offer good rates and with the amount of the bond a little bit of difference in rate is quite alot of pounds.

We used our bank to transfer money to open our account with HSBC OZ and were charged £25. The rate wasn't that great, but the process went smoothly.

Best of luck!

Linzie
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

FalcoThorn is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooops!

Take back what I said Rach, just phoned our bank and got a rate for today for Telegraphic Transfer and they quoted better than HIFX including the £25 charge.

HIFX quote - 2.60005
Abbey Quote - 2.6307

Now I'm in a dilemma, not sure what to do??!!!

Good Luck!

Linzie