Boiler Makers

Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

carolk is on a distinguished road
Default Boiler Makers

Hi
Can someone please tell me what a bolier maker does in Australia? Their boilers aren't the same as boilers as we know them in the UK, are they?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Boiler Makers

Originally Posted by carolk
Hi
Can someone please tell me what a bolier maker does in Australia? Their boilers aren't the same as boilers as we know them in the UK, are they?
Welder

WW
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolk
Hi

Hello Carolk

A boilermaker in Australia (or boily) is a very loose term for a general metalworker. Some companies when asking for a boilermaker do actually want somebody to make bilers/pressure vessels but the vast majority is for a general metalworker.

In the UK you have platers, fabricaters etc each a specific post but over here it's all classed as boilermaking. I think it's to do with the nature of the industry eg resources. Jack of all trades, get it working.

Hope this helps.

Keel
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

carolk is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys, that clears things up. Another occupation we can cross off the list!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

So what could a pipefitter go under,and dont say plumbers as i been down that road before,i work offshore on the rigs and on sites,installing pipes,fabrication of them etc to include stainless steel,carbon etc etc also pressure testing and many other duties a pipefitter would do,i have no idea what there called over there i know that they advertise for them in there papers but its not on the list for tra
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:05 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brian.w
So what could a pipefitter go under,and dont say plumbers as i been down that road before,i work offshore on the rigs and on sites,installing pipes,fabrication of them etc to include stainless steel,carbon etc etc also pressure testing and many other duties a pipefitter would do,i have no idea what there called over there i know that they advertise for them in there papers but its not on the list for tra
Boiliermaker/pipefitter slighty differrent inso much as there is less welding, in fact tacking a butt together is all thats required, the pipe welder does the rest.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

So for a tra what could i go for as job title as i do lots of different tasks in my job.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:19 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brian.w
So for a tra what could i go for as job title as i do lots of different tasks in my job.
From whta you,ve said it must be Boilermaker.
that covers,
Fabricating
Welding
Pipefitting

of course each of those is a trade in it self, but they are all boilies.