Wikiposts

boganish ?

Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: boganish ?

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
Not really, rednecks, to my understanding are like racist, sitting on the verandah with a gun to shoot any black/gay men that come along (althogh I'm no expert on american culture).

Imagine a chav, that worked (rather than spending all day outside Iceland), generally had a chavy appearance in sneakers, jeans, tight shirts with flanalette over the top.....

worked in low paid jobs...loved the footy, drank home brew, but were nice sorta people...

Hard workign underclass
Rednecks could be country in many places but I wouldn't like to tar like that.

I reckon people should not compare country people to bogans either.A lot of Australians are guilty of being nothing other than 'Country'.

The good thing about all that is that it geuninely represents an Australian icon - and is alive and well today whereas the excesses of the Chav has no real cultural significance at all.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 11:21 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Bogans are rough, "working class" people with scruffy clothes and a low income. They have no British equivalent.
Rose-tinted glasses me thinks. I could take you to parts of Scotland where the checked shirt brigade still roam the hills.

Have to agree that "chavs" are more sinister than "bogans" though.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Stefjt will become famous soon enoughStefjt will become famous soon enough

So from what i'm reading its seems that "Bogans" are not such bad people, just a bit on the scruffy side??
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:31 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Racht70
Nah, chavs are not scruffy! they wear burberry "innit"
never seen a chav in burberry only the cheap fake knockoff with thier tracky bottoms tucked into the white socks
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:39 am
Beach Bum

paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

If thats the case then there alot different to chavs, as there vicious little thugs.
the chav is generally a timid creature if seperated from his/her pack but as they are generally a pack animal thats where the problems come as they are all vying to become Alpha Chav(the one who generally wears the bright white shell suit Fake burberry cap or nike cap with the best bling argos has to offer (sorry can't remember the name of the cheap jewlers in argos)
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice

Hillbillies???
Old Mar 7th 2008, 5:48 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul30
never seen a chav in burberry only the cheap fake knockoff with thier tracky bottoms tucked into the white socks
Thats why burberry was in italics.The white socks they wear are footy socks.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 5:54 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul30
the chav is generally a timid creature if seperated from his/her pack but as they are generally a pack animal thats where the problems come as they are all vying to become Alpha Chav(the one who generally wears the bright white shell suit Fake burberry cap or nike cap with the best bling argos has to offer (sorry can't remember the name of the cheap jewlers in argos)
Trust me mate they are not timid lol.I work for the youth offending team and even on there own the're a bloody nightmare.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:25 am
Beach Bum

Trust me mate they are not timid lol.I work for the youth offending team and even on there own the're a bloody nightmare.
must be a different breed of chav where your from I find on thier own they are very vocal as long as your far enough away from them
Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:43 am
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

What do you call a Chav in a blender....................moosh!!!!

Baby PHH
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stefjt
So from what i'm reading its seems that "Bogans" are not such bad people, just a bit on the scruffy side??
Here's Wikipedia's take on a bogan:

The term bogan (pronounced /ˈboʊgən/, rhyming with slogan) is Australian and New Zealand English slang, usually pejorative, for a person who is, or is perceived to be, of a lower-class background. According to the stereotype, the speech and mannerisms of "bogans" indicate poor education, cheap clothing (singlet, jeans and no shoes are the sterotypical bogan outfit) and uncultured upbringing. 'Bogans' usually reside in economically disadvantaged suburbs (often outer metropolitan) or rural areas[citation needed].

The term is a close regional equivalent to the British terms Charva/Chav and the North American term White Trash. However the term 'bogan' is occasionally used with some affection in Australia/NZ, whereas those corresponding terms are not.

Read here for more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bogan.com.au/

There's pics on this one so you can get the idea!!
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:48 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rabsody
http://www.bogan.com.au/

There's pics on this one so you can get the idea!!
http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/