British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Bodyboards (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bodyboards-631525/)

melaniee Sep 19th 2009 9:04 am

Bodyboards

Anyone suggest a good beginners bodyboard for a small adult female - Cheers !

P.S-Don't want an Esky lid from K-Mart though !

The Bloke Sep 19th 2009 9:06 am

Re: Bodyboards

Originally Posted by melaniee (Post 7945009)
Anyone suggest a good beginners bodyboard for a small adult female - Cheers !

P.S-Don't want an Esky lid from K-Mart though !

The best people to see would be the guys at the beach surf shops. They have the good kit and the knowledge to go with it.

melaniee Sep 19th 2009 9:09 am

They all seem to be surfers and don't know much about bodyboards ! They're trying to convert me over !

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 7945014)
The best people to see would be the guys at the beach surf shops. They have the good kit and the knowledge to go with it.

The Bloke Sep 19th 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by melaniee (Post 7945019)
They all seem to be surfers and don't know much about bodyboards ! They're trying to convert me over !

:lol:

Found EPPO's Bodyboard shop, Mooloolaba on google for you. www.bodyboardshop.com

melaniee Sep 19th 2009 9:20 am

Thanks !

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 7945031)
:lol:

Found EPPO's Bodyboard shop, Mooloolaba on google for you. www.bodyboardshop.com

spartacus Sep 19th 2009 11:52 am

I think a boards pretty much a board, although probably stay clear of the 'littlest mermaid' variety. Get yourself a pair of proper boarding fins (flippers), makes all the difference.

mr mover Sep 19th 2009 12:49 pm

And dont be frightened if fellow ,surfers refer to you as a " shark biscuit"......:rofl:mm

Hutch Sep 19th 2009 1:00 pm

I far prefer bodyboarding to surfing - with a pair of fins there's a far greater variety of conditions you can get out in the surf in. And you don't have to have different boards for different conditions either. Just make sure you get one the right size - they need to be bouyant enough to get you on a wave. And I echo the comments about fins - to be honest I'd say it's far better to spend more on them, than the board.

DumbFalang Sep 19th 2009 2:42 pm

....and be careful of those dumping waves in Mooloolaba :scaredhair:

johnnyx0 Sep 19th 2009 3:32 pm

and try not to get dumped head-first onto a sand-bank. I did that and very nearly broke my neck (thought I had done for a while), and also fractured my finger which has never come right again.

No more body boards for me.....

oz miller man Sep 19th 2009 9:53 pm

good bodyboard shop at tweedheads/coolangatta
they do starter packs board/bag/fins from $150 upwards

oz miller man Sep 19th 2009 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by mr mover (Post 7945416)
And dont be frightened if fellow ,surfers refer to you as a " shark biscuit"......:rofl:mm

or speed bumps

melaniee Sep 20th 2009 6:05 am

Thanks All.
Live in WA again so will have a look in Perth this week. Cheers.