Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Body Corporate (Angry Neighbours)

Body Corporate (Angry Neighbours)

Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:42 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Body Corporate (Angry Neighbours)

Hi All,

I went to one of my friends apartment is St. Kilda VIC.The friends space was already occupied by some other neighbour car therefore we parked in an empty space behind that car.

On the return some angry neighbour (of the same apartment) inserted a note over the car's screens saying "your number plate have been taken and reported to body corporate".

Who is this f***king body corporate and can anybody fine any body using this body corporate?

Cheers,
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Kiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Body Corporate (Angry Neighbours)

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Hi All,

I went to one of my friends apartment is St. Kilda VIC.The friends space was already occupied by some other neighbour car therefore we parked in an empty space behind that car.

On the return some angry neighbour (of the same apartment) inserted a note over the car's screens saying "your number plate have been taken and reported to body corporate".

Who is this f***king body corporate and can anybody fine any body using this body corporate?

Cheers,
I usually leave the note with PTO

On the other side is

- thank you
- Your tyres have been let down accordingly
- sugar in your tank
- sardines up your exhaust
- and I have just wiped my arse with this here note

- and PS the car is stolen, I am just sussing out your joint.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:55 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Body Corporate (Angry Neighbours)

Originally Posted by Kiwi Kid
I usually leave the note with PTO

On the other side is

- thank you
- Your tyres have been let down accordingly
- sugar in your tank
- sardines up your exhaust
- and I have just wiped my arse with this here note

- and PS the car is stolen, I am just sussing out your joint.
Come on man be serious! I am afraid as I cannot afford any parking fines at this stage.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:57 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Body Corporate can't fine you so stop worrying.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

The body corporate is a committee comprising the owners of the apartments which 'runs' the apartment block. They can only tell off tenants/owners who park in the wrong spot, or tell them off about their visitors. They can't do anything to you.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Come on man be serious! I am afraid as I cannot afford any parking fines at this stage.
OMG - complete failure of the the sense of humour muscle !

please advise at which stage you will be able to afford parking fines and they will be applied then.....
Old Dec 16th 2007, 6:00 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
OMG - complete failure of the the sense of humour muscle !

please advise at which stage you will be able to afford parking fines and they will be applied then.....
If he is on $130K per year why is he so distressed?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:31 am
Banned

Question Re: Body Corporate (Angry Neighbours)

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Mortage , interest rate is too high here.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 1:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mortage , interest rate is too high here.
He should try life on $30K instead of 130, then we might be a bit more sympathetic!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:19 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

The moral of this story if you are a visitor is "do not park where it says residents cars only"!!!!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:21 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
It's Smurtaza, if he's not grumbling, he's not happy.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Bordy
Body Corporate can't fine you so stop worrying.
Yep, but they can make life difficult for a resident.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:58 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Death by committee...be afraid...
Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

ulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Bloke
The moral of this story if you are a visitor is "do not park where it says residents cars only"!!!!
Spot on. I live in an apartment and pay a fair bit for my body corporate on top of my mortgage including part of it specifically for my car spot. If someone was in it, I also would leave a similar note!

Body Corporate won't do anything if your car has been moved, if it was still there, it would be towed (not clamped as it defeats the purpose!).

Let it be a lesson
Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:42 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Apartment blocks often have specific parking bays for each apartment - the owner/tenant pays for it either in the rent or corporate fees.

If you park in someone else's space they are entitled to get antsy!

If a visitor's allowed to park in someone's space and *they* then use another's and so on, before long no-one's in the right space and chaos ensues. I've seen it happen - it's almost impossible to sort out given that different people are available at different times.

One of the pleasures of living in hen coops...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.