Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boat licence [QLD]

Boat licence [QLD]

Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

graham wade will become famous soon enough
Default Boat licence [QLD]

ok let's try this one. I have a VHF DSC short range radio licence and a level 2 power boat certificate and a Advanced power boat certificate all issued from the rya [Royal yachting association]. when I was on the life boat crew R.N.L.I [Royal national lifeboat institution] what else do i need to get a Australian boat licence
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boat licence

Originally Posted by graham wade
ok let's try this one. I have a VHF DSC short range radio licence and a level 2 power boat certificate and a Advanced power boat certificate all issued from the rya [Royal yachting association]. when I was on the life boat crew R.N.L.I [Royal national lifeboat institution] what else do i need to get a Australian boat licence
You have to do a short course with an accredited boat instructor......usually just a day of basic boatmanship.

Then, when you have that certificate.....you can apply.

G
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
You have to do a short course with an accredited boat instructor......usually just a day of basic boatmanship.

Then, when you have that certificate.....you can apply.

G
thank you
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:06 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

thank you
They may well accept your current qualifications but don't be surprised if they insist you do the course as well.

Just go to a transport dept. office and ask.

G
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

They may well accept your current qualifications but don't be surprised if they insist you do the course as well.

Just go to a transport dept. office and ask.

G
cool thats helpful thanks again
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

cool thats helpful thanks again
It is pretty straightforward.

The offices are the same as the ones that issue the driving licence....all done thare and then over the counter if you have the 'right papers'.

At least that is what happens in Queensland.

Other states may have different systems.

G
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

It is pretty straightforward.

The offices are the same as the ones that issue the driving licence....all done thare and then over the counter if you have the 'right papers'.

At least that is what happens in Queensland.

Other states may have different systems.

G
thats great we are going to settle in Queensland ipswich hatton vale area ish
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

You will also need to do a Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency Course and then apply for an Australian marine Radio Operators License.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NedKelly
You will also need to do a Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency Course and then apply for an Australian marine Radio Operators License.
ive got a V.H.F / D.S.C [Digital selective calling] short range licence from the R.Y.A
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:57 pm
ABCDiamond

thats great we are going to settle in Queensland ipswich hatton vale area ish
My nephew owns a boat licencing company, here in Brisbane Bayside,

You may find some useful info on his site. http://www.baysideboatlicensing.com.au/

Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
My nephew owns a boat licencing company, here in Brisbane Bayside,

You may find some useful info on his site. http://www.baysideboatlicensing.com.au/
thank you very helpful ill have a look
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:19 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Not to operate a small boat.

G
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:29 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Not to operate a small boat.

G
They'll probably make you do the course. Three quarters of the Australian economy runs on the basis that everyone has to do a course before they can do anything. I fully expect the "Going to the toilet safely at work course" to be announced anytime soon. Technically you are supposed to do a course before you change a plug.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

thank you very helpful ill have a look
just sent them a long e-mail with lots of questions we will see what happens thanks for the link and your help
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:43 pm
kjc
Just Joined

kjc is an unknown quantity at this point

I think your find your licence is worth nothing here In Qld!
I have a RYA yachtmaster offshore with a dept of transport commercial endorsement, it is worth nothing here In QLD.
The RYA is trying to get there licences approved here,but as of yet they do not meet the Australian standards.
A test is required for any form of powered water craft dependent on the engine size,including jet ski's.
If anyone can tell me that I am incorrect,and that they have had there British licence exchanged for an Australian equivalent,I would be very interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.