Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Blow that for an idea matey boy...

Blow that for an idea matey boy...

Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold
Default Blow that for an idea matey boy...

Attention internet, my O/H is desiring the didgeridoo again. I don't know if it's because his supply of crystal meth as finally ran out or hes trying to conform to Aus life in a bigger way than i fancy to be honest.
The idea of him sitting in the corner or outside (god forbid) blowing on his stick making farting and groaning noises is making me a little nervous, hes deadly serious.
Hes found a site that sells them from $69, hes asking to order the bigger version (typical bloke) that's 'only' $169, he can't bloody whistle never mind blow down one of those things - even though they do have a certain mysterious sound to them
Has anyone else suffered the O/H 'must have the latest' days
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:33 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blow that for an idea matey boy...

Great post. I know where he's coming from. I wish my didgeridoo was bigger too.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:18 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I have lots of remnants of hubby's latest fad splattered around the house..........including a Diggerdoo

To be fair that one was a leaving present from the UK, which made me feel stupid bringing it back into the country! I have since invested in renting or borrowing items where possible to get past the "I need it" phase. If it is still being used after a period of time...then it can become permanent otherwise it goes back asap.

PS the diggerbollock is not used, along with the electric guitar and umpteen other must haves

Last edited by Sandra; Jun 15th 2011 at 5:21 am.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

electric guitar he had a bass, said it's because of his hero
His list of now gathering dust items:
guitar
various fishing rods
mountain bike
BBQ (not the standard type) big massive catering jobby.
Dartboard
CB radio.
saxaphone.
kite.
remote controlled airplane/controller.
remote controlled boat/controller.
Every power tool Bunnings or Argos could sell him.
Three mowers.
And he will not part with any of them, hes 'using them'
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Cut up his credit and EFTPOS cards.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh no hes cute HelenTD, we go out 'shopping' for everyday essentials, and we always end up in Bunnings or some other place hes found that sells 'certain' things hes got his eye on
Hes started spending hours on bloody gumtree, keeps shouting over to me 'Bargain here bab'
On a side note we watched a Australian film the other night called Castle, great movie from the 80's i think, reminded me so much of my O/H
What can i do i love the big hairy arsed fella
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deb68
guitar
various fishing rods
mountain bike
BBQ (not the standard type) big massive catering jobby.
Dartboard
CB radio.
saxaphone.
kite.
remote controlled airplane/controller.
remote controlled boat/controller.
Every power tool Bunnings or Argos could sell him.
Three mowers.
He sounds like me - about 30 model aircraft and I've only flown about 8 of them. Every tool known to man - many still untouched in thier original packing.

Must be a cool guy
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:56 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Guitar - Check, two of, they get used.

Mountain bike - Yup, used once a week ... in my head anyway.

Dartboard - Gathering dust in garage but you've jogged my memory now ...

Saxophone - Cool hipcat daddyo!

Remote controlled airplane/controller - Want one, especially the one that can be piloted using the iThing.

Three mowers - We have 5 ... 1 working push mower, 2 broken push mowers for spares, 1 ride-on that gets used once every couple of months and one of those cylindrical things that we bought for a laugh

And he will not part with any of them, hes 'using them' - Leave him alone and go annoy someone else
Old Jun 15th 2011, 6:10 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Guitar yup, Got two it's a fun journey just wish my fingers were made of play doh

I love my mountain bike, Not my fault I have a heart condition.

Dartboard, Thats what children are for right

Sax, Now funny enough I have been eying one up

I love my helicopter, It's built im just working on the automatic flying system so I dont crash it

Nothing feels better than lawn between you toes, And there is no greater fight that stopping all the neighbour hood animals crapping on you lawn.

Now didgeridoo is a walk on the wild side an to be honest anyone that has not been wandering around the outback for a 1000 years looks like an ass playing one. If I where you I would pop over to Crazy Meds dot com look for one with interesting side effects and start droping a few in his cereal he will be committed before you know it, Let a shrink teach him how to play the didgeridoo.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jun 15th 2011 at 6:44 am.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 6:48 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby is married twice!!!!

Originally Posted by deb68
guitar - agreed
various fishing rodsoh yes and boxes of bits!

mountain bikeroad bike never touched 10 years now

BBQ (not the standard type) big massive catering jobby.I got thrown out of BBQ king while he bought it I was whinging so much it wasn't even real just an outdoor bloody oven

Dartboardno but we have a punch bag

CB radio.every ipood player instead and various outdoor speakers *8

saxaphone.[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]not yet![/FONT]

kite.kayak - but I use!

remote controlled airplane/controller.and new one bought every Christmas

remote controlled boat/controller.NO! but I bought him a blown up real one for a pressie

Every power tool Bunnings or Argos could sell him.yes yes yes - and tool boxes to store them all in

Three mowers.Only one - a Murray Yard King and we decked all the grass area three years ago

Two wine fridges, two press benches, a motor bike upgrade every two years, the biigest screen you can have for one room - and we have all the others moved to places when he upgrades............ah the lists
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
My hubby is married twice!!!!

Two wine fridges, two press benches, a motor bike upgrade every two years, the biigest screen you can have for one room - and we have all the others moved to places when he upgrades............ah the lists
I want to marry him - we'd bond
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Trixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to all

I sympathise Deb68. It makes me chuckle as I'm sure it does you.

My OH is very similar... the Bass guitar he has had for 10 years and insists he can play, however it has never been plugged into an amp.

An expensive bike - along with an 'outfit' and special trainers attach to the pedals I think... that he has used probably a handful of times. Now he wants a new one! Not a cheap one mind you.

Exercise bike that cost over £200 as we couldn't have a normal cheapo one..that has been used about 4 times.

He decided he like walking and fair play walked Hadrians Wall with his mates BUT had to have the best of every gadget, rucksack, sleeping bag and tent going. Some of which never got used.

Tents... in varying sizes... we had to have a new one because the one was too heavy when packed up in the garage ?!?! oh and a pain to put up of course

Ipods x 2 and wants an iphone too aswell as Macbook pro and Mini Mac. We also have a stereo that he insists on shipping everywhere even though it has never been set up sinve we have been together... it spend the first 2 years in a box, the last 2 years on a shelf gathering dust.

Trainers... mmmm don't get me started when we packed I found that he has ... 4 or 5 pairs of general wear ones..plus 1's for squash (played about 3 times) 1's for the gym, 1's for the push bike, pair for football on astro tuff a pair with studs (not played for about 5 yrs). This is as well as his shoes, boots and walking footwear... I think he deff gives me a run for my money on the shoe front LOL

He's not got to the powertool phase yet but I think it may be coming as he is dreaming of a shed LOL.

All in all it makes me laugh as I am sure he can reel off a lot of my purchases that have been supposedly duplicated and or never used.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

My oh is the same.Constant new hobbies.His latest one is making speakers and stereos.He now wants to convert the garage in to a music room but is pretending its an office for the business .It took two years of weekly guitar lessons to realise he cant play the guitar.I could have told him week one.But,it keeps him happy so I dont care.He could be down the pub every night drinking instead.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:01 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

So, let's reel off all those shoes you women don't wear and all those outfits gathering dust in the wardrobe ... yeh, ONE day you might get into them
Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
So, let's reel off all those shoes you women don't wear and all those outfits gathering dust in the wardrobe ... yeh, ONE day you might get into them
Clever boy.That is why I say nothing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.