Bloody tradies!

Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bloody tradies!

Fume fume FUME - BLOODY FUME!

After the week we have had with Tom's car (still not fixed) the bloody Insulation people have cancelled for the bloody 2nd time! first excuse was 'two men off sick' was informed of this after I had booked the day off. This morning on the way to take tom to pick up the courtesy car, the insulation people phoned and asked if it was convenient for them to come on Saturday morning????

WAT the F*** - you are supposed to be at my house now!

So after arranging someone to house sit and wait in they postponed for the 2nd time - the reason????? It is a little bit slippy on the roof!

The first rain we have had here in months and they can't bloody handle it. I would love to see how they would manage in the bloody UK where it rains most of the time. Can you imagine a bricky saying 'can't work due to it raining a few spots and I may slip'????

OH has instructed me to tell them to 'F*** off' but he isn't the one trying to re-arrange them and then taking time off - but I promise one thing - if they don't turn up on Saturday morning (and I have a feeling they wopn't as it is a long weekend) I will NOT be responsible for my actions.

NB please excuse the use of the word 'bloody' but I couldn't resist using it
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:43 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Bloody tradies!

Originally Posted by sasbear

Fume fume FUME - BLOODY FUME!

After the week we have had with Tom's car (still not fixed) the bloody Insulation people have cancelled for the bloody 2nd time! first excuse was 'two men off sick' was informed of this after I had booked the day off. This morning on the way to take tom to pick up the courtesy car, the insulation people phoned and asked if it was convenient for them to come on Saturday morning????

WAT the F*** - you are supposed to be at my house now!

So after arranging someone to house sit and wait in they postponed for the 2nd time - the reason????? It is a little bit slippy on the roof!

The first rain we have had here in months and they can't bloody handle it. I would love to see how they would manage in the bloody UK where it rains most of the time. Can you imagine a bricky saying 'can't work due to it raining a few spots and I may slip'????

OH has instructed me to tell them to 'F*** off' but he isn't the one trying to re-arrange them and then taking time off - but I promise one thing - if they don't turn up on Saturday morning (and I have a feeling they wopn't as it is a long weekend) I will NOT be responsible for my actions.

NB please excuse the use of the word 'bloody' but I couldn't resist using it
It's isn't cool and cosy is it ?
We had prob's with them last year, they kept cancelling. I think they cancelled around 5 times - it was getting ridiculous. Their excuse was they were very busy , unexpected time delays on their last job etc - so couldn't get to us , blah and blah. - so employ some more people then! They were quite happy to send a salesman to us on super speedy time when we asked for a quote, and quite happy to take our deposit off us in super speedy time too - but not happy to do the job on time lol

Great service don't you love it.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
It's isn't cool and cosy is it ?
We had prob's with them last year, they kept cancelling. I think they cancelled around 5 times - it was getting ridiculous. Their excuse was they were very busy , unexpected time delays on their last job etc - so couldn't get to us , blah and blah. - so employ some more people then! They were quite happy to send a salesman to us on super speedy time when we asked for a quote, and quite happy to take our deposit off us in super speedy time too - but not happy to do the job on time lol

Great service don't you love it.

Bloody unbelieveable -you would think they were doing me a FAVOUR - bloody hell I am going to pay

What a way to run a business?

I thought the tradies in spain where bad - but then I went to Greece and I thought - my God - but now - I have seen the bloody worst - that is all I can say.

Never thought I would say this - but you wouldn't get service that bad in the UK - or maybe I remember wrongly?
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

TheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really nice

Originally Posted by sasbear

Can you imagine a bricky saying 'can't work due to it raining a few spots and I may slip'????
I don't have to imagine, that's exactly what happens. Same with roofers.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:52 am
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

We're having a bit of a 'mare with the tradies doing our bathroom and kitchen. The fact that there's bad blood between the kitchen installer and the plumber / electrician from a previous job doesn't help either. Every time we ring up asking when they're going to the house, we get the bog standard "no worries" or "no dramas" and are generally blase. My wife has mentioned it to the Aussie mothers at kinder, and none of them seem at all surprised. Must be an acceptable practice.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:05 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

We had to have our carpets dry cleaned when we moved from our first apartment here and so we phoned a very reputable company (so we thought) to come and do it. We waited, stood on the balcony, watched the van turn up, and then the driver phones to ask about parking. We told him where to park but he didn't like that and he buggered off!
Well, we got on the phone straight away and spent an hour talking to various people, managers, senior managers and by the end of it, when they were talking about rescheduling for another day, and we had already taken time off work, my OH started talking about contracts, hourly rates, and suing them for the cost of his time! We had someone round within half an hour!

Sass