Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

'Bloody' tourism ads banned in UK

'Bloody' tourism ads banned in UK

Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:23 am
ABCDiamond

Default 'Bloody' tourism ads banned in UK

BRITISH broadcasting authorities have banned the use of the latest advertisements promoting Australian tourism, which feature the slogan "Where the bloody hell are you?".

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/c...55E953,00.html

However the campaign will be officially launched in the UK on Monday, after the word "bloody" is removed.

Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Bloody' tourism ads banned in UK

Bugger, that's a bloody shame!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:26 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody typical of the PC brigade

Bloody glad I live here
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:30 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Bloody glad I live here
Humph bloody wish I did
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't there a Bloody Gate in the Bloody Tower in the Tower of London?

Bloody hell there is!

Incidentally, there used to be a make of toy in the UK and the name was "Buddy L" strange, but absolutely true!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Default 'Bloody' tourism ads banned in UK

Well "Sexual Intercourse My Ancient Footwear" (F**K My Old Boots), unless someone gives me some Bloody Karma, I won't bloody sleep tonight!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

One of my favourite pop groups of the 70's released a record, vinyl LP and the name of the group was 10cc and the name of the record.....Bloody Tourists, another strange but true.

Can I have a sharpener for my crayons please?
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
BRITISH broadcasting authorities have banned the use of the latest advertisements promoting Australian tourism, which feature the slogan "Where the bloody hell are you?".

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/c...55E953,00.html

However the campaign will be officially launched in the UK on Monday, after the word "bloody" is removed.
Well that should give it more than enough free publicity!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:41 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by lesleys
That is exactly what the Australian Tourism Board said

PS: A program from the USA states that they are very happy with it over there.

Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:42 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lesleys

Yup.

Send the link to all - start a bloody revolution.

http://www.wherethebloodyhellareyou.com/
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Is this from the same country that lets millions of people walk around with **** on their apparel???

Is this from the same land of the nursery school (in Oxfordshire) that re-wrote their nursery rhymes to change Baa Baa Black Sheep to Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep?

Soon I won't be allowed to say I put this down in black and white.

Drink, drive, bloody idiot! (excellent Victorian anti drink driving campaign message) How would that go?

OzTennis
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Humph bloody wish I did
Wont be bloody long m8
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Is this from the same country that lets millions of people walk around with **** on their apparel???

Is this from the same land of the nursery school (in Oxfordshire) that re-wrote their nursery rhymes to change Baa Baa Black Sheep to Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep?

Drink, drive, bloody idiot! (excellent Victorian anti drink driving campaign message) How would that go?

OzTennis
Not bloody likely

Bloody lunatics running the asylum
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

OzTennis
I notice a firewall somewhere converted my abbreviation for French Connection United Kingdom (think about, real subtle and not offensive that one) to ****

OzTennis
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I notice a firewall somewhere converted my abbreviation for French Connection United Kingdom (think about, real subtle and not offensive that one) to ****

OzTennis
And it's interesting that bloody doesn't get altered but French Connection United Kingdom acronym does!

OzTennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.