Bloody Tax

Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:05 am
Just Joined

jonallcock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bloody Tax

Hello everyone,

What are the tax implications of leaving 30KGPB in a UK account or is it better to transfer the money to AUS and pay the tax on it over there.

I've already mailed UK & AUS tax authorities but can't get a straight answer out of any of the Tossers

Cheers,

Jon
Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody Tax

Originally Posted by jonallcock
Hello everyone,

What are the tax implications of leaving 30KGPB in a UK account or is it better to transfer the money to AUS and pay the tax on it over there.

I've already mailed UK & AUS tax authorities but can't get a straight answer out of any of the Tossers

Cheers,

Jon
You are liable for Australian tax on the interest wherever you leave it.

You may also be liable for tax on any Forex gains on the capital if it is left in the UK and transferred at a later date.