Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody spiders Red backs!!!

Bloody spiders Red backs!!!

Old Dec 25th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of
Default Bloody spiders Red backs!!!

Well the first day we moved into this house OH dispatched a Red back,

Well today sitting under the veranda at the back OH has dispatched 6 of the bloody things, Is it time we paid for a spray or OH to DIY spray

any views

Thanks
Old Dec 25th 2007, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody spiders Red backs!!!

Originally Posted by Mumfords

Well today sitting under the veranda at the back OH has dispatched 6 of the bloody things, Is it time we paid for a spray or OH to DIY spray

any views

Thanks
I thought they just liked us! We have a huge and I mean HUGE redback prob in our house! We've had pest control out 3 times - apparently they like our house cos we're next to a vacant block - they see the heat and light and crawl our way. They love the vents in the bathrooms, especially the one above our spa We spray and kill on average 2 per day!
Old Dec 25th 2007, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

We just leave them alone. We get quite a few but unless they are somewhere we are likely to touch, like the edge of the spa, we just leave them there. They won't bite unless you put your hand on them and they tend to stay in the same spot.
Tracie
Old Dec 25th 2007, 10:15 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

any views

Thanks
I'm in Carramar too. Underneath my fencing there were hundreds of spiders dangling down beacause of the heat, loads of red backs too.

We stayed indoors though, too hot for me.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I'm in Carramar too. Underneath my fencing there were hundreds of spiders dangling down beacause of the heat, loads of red backs too.

We stayed indoors though, too hot for me.
Yea our fence is always coved with them, they dont seem to move though, just hang there
Tracie
Old Dec 25th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

its just that we have a 3 & 6 year old

Been here a month or so and only seen the one but loads today

Thay actully look amazing spiders but kids
Old Dec 25th 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

its just that we have a 3 & 6 year old

Been here a month or so and only seen the one but loads today

Thay actully look amazing spiders but kids
Thats fair enough, if you have young kids then you have to get rid of them cause you cant be sure the kids won't touch them
Tracie
Old Dec 25th 2007, 12:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We have a bunch of them at our place, too. Hub was out spraying yesterday but we're thinking it's time to get the professionals in to do a perimeter spray.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Been here 21 months and until a week ago hadn't seen one!

2 in a week is 2 too many thanks.

The almost pathetic (well, compared to a Huntsman fa sure!) looking things,

Old Dec 25th 2007, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

cyrused is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been here a month and we have had the same problem, we have two yourng kids and we had a man come and spray the outside of our house and since then we have not seen any and it is guaranteed for twelve months, i would say that with the kids you cant be too careful, so my advice would be to get it sprayed, hope this helps and if you wanta number for them let me know
Old Dec 26th 2007, 2:53 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cyrused
so my advice would be to get it sprayed
I'm on to the rental agency as soon as they're back!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Yea our fence is always coved with them, they dont seem to move though, just hang there
Tracie
Accoirding to our local spray and kill chappie, redbacks like to live in or on metal fences, apparently something to do with the thermal qualities of the fence in sunshine.

Our chappie found two nests on the fence the last time he came to our gaff, sprayed them and sure enough just a couple of very empty (and very ugly) webs remained.

I have also found them under woodem chairs..............and I don't know why!!!!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Well we got someone in to spray for us and only $125 not a bad price, this was done new years eve