Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody Nursing Transcripts and certified copies...

Bloody Nursing Transcripts and certified copies...

Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Default Bloody Nursing Transcripts and certified copies...

hi out there....

got my assessment from anc back this morning, postie v. pleased, as he hopes now i will stop stalking him... and peeping behind curtains like a wierdo...

only problem is, my original transcripts, yes, i foolishly sent the originals, thinking they would all come back with the assessment, have of course not and are 'on file', i think, according to the lovely marilynne (assessor) at the anc... (incidentally i am not being sarcastic - she's a little gem)!

What do i do? DIMIA ask for all documentation sent to the anc to be sent with your application.... christ!!!

have appointment with solicitor today at 4pm, hope he is a bent one (joke, with fingers crossed behind my back), and will certify scans of the original transcripts, without actually SEEING the original transcripts, but the likelihood is well, what do you think?

why is nowt straight forward?

what do you reckon i should do, have frantically emailed marilynne at anc, should i just send copies of the transcripts, wait for the originals back and then forward them on to DIMIA... is this allowed??

does anyone know, does anyone care more importantly, cos i think i am slowly beginning to lose the plot?

for instance, it's 10.20 am in rainy slatyford, and i am still sitting in my pj's at this bloody computer! ironing pile as tall as me (well about 4 feet) and just keep looking at it.

please help anyone...

and if walla1 reads this, i live in aforementioned, just down from westerhope , i know that you live in the fell and had been to a barbie in westerhope recently, cos i was in ding dong's when you were chatting with her the other day mate (just before you went to the footie)... it's a small, small world! used to live on dryden road and sadly, drink on the fell! wonder if i know you????

looking forward to any info, from anyone who can help, this poor desperate nurse, who needs a glass of wine now!!!!

regards, honeybob...
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

jodesmc will become famous soon enoughjodesmc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bloody Nursing Transcripts and certified copies...

hi honey bob,
what a bugger, could you not just get the transcripts reissued??
i got mine on the spot from my uni, and they came in the post quite quickly when I needed to get them by mail.
Do you have a certificate that can back them up such as your NMC registration, that states you are a nurse?
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

jodesmc will become famous soon enoughjodesmc will become famous soon enough

Or, are you currently working?? do they have copies of your transcripts, which they could take a copy of and get certified by a doctor as copies??
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:49 am
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough

Honeybob, First of all don't worry. For starters I never even had stranscripts, I had to contact my University and they sent them direct for about £12.00, so they have originals too. Your lawyer shouldn't be a problem as I had a couple of things that were not original and he never batted an eye lid. Wait till he asks and if he does tell him what happened. You could always ask the University to fax him a copy so he knows they are true copies?

Regarding what you send to Dimia, it is all just copies of what you sent to the ANC they require, so hopefully you photocopied everything you sent to ANC then send Dimia that stuff. I sent photocopy of ANC approval letter, but Dimia may want original in future.

Bear in mind anything you send photocopy because once in Australia you never know when you might need it again?

And to clarify Dimia do not need transcripts, as my University sent them direct to ANC and I never got a copy at all. Dimia do not require them.

So if all goes well with lawyer I would politely ask the assessor to take photocopies, explain what happened and return them so as you have the origianals.

It's so funny you saying about your ironing etc, I have three boys aged 4 2 and 9 months and I come on this bloody computer constantly just now, as I am waiting for medicals to come through so keep checking my e.mails. I'm sure they think I love computer more than them!! So sad, I know, but what can you do.

I think my postie thinks I fancy him also, but never the less we will get there.

You'll feel better after you see the lawyer, keep me posted.

Regards, Heather
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:50 am
scoobydoo

Originally Posted by jodesmc
hi honey bob,
what a bugger, could you not just get the transcripts reissued??
i got mine on the spot from my uni, and they came in the post quite quickly when I needed to get them by mail.
Do you have a certificate that can back them up such as your NMC registration, that states you are a nurse?
Don't panic!!!
I never saw my transcripts and the ANC still have them to my knowledge. The ANC forewarded all my details to the Victorian nursing board where I am now registered.

The NMC sent my records to the ANC to start with.(my training was such a long time ago that they had to dig deep for the transcripts!)

When I applied for the visa I just sent the positive outcome of the skills assessment....no transcripts.

I hope that sounds logical!!!

Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

hi all!!!

this might be the second message you get re. all of your help, i've just submitted reply and it hasn't sent it, bugger!!! what else can go wrong today?

cheers to everyone, i feel so much better getting your info, think i am just flapping, and that was an excellent idea, if the solicitor won't sign the transcripts, will ask universities to fax them to him...

good to know that you's didn't even send them, just knowing my luck they'll want them however...

as for the housework and so on, like you have two little kids 7 and 2, they just think i am losing it and automatically assume that i am just going on computer... compensation comes in sweets and crisps, they'll probably have no teeth by time we get to oz, if we get there!!!

normally i'm really organised, but at minute all i can think about is this application, so everything is on hold, even forgot my nana's birthday on 16th, how crap do i feel?

as for the ironing, it's still looking at me!

one more thing! sorry! which postal service would you recommend. some swear by DHL, cos you can track it (such fun) but i have used internationally signed for in past and they are good as well? what do you think, is the transfer difference time wise much different, cost is, but i don't care bout that at minute.... should i start this as a thread, or is it far too boring!

regards honeybob
Old Aug 18th 2004, 5:57 pm
heehaugh

Hi, I sent mine by 'sing for it' as the others were really expensive and they received it 7 days later. Were are you hoping to go in Australia? We are planning to get to Perth by next July, by the way I live in Scotland. Sorry for my ignorance but where is Slatyford? Heather
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi heather, my mate lived in perth for two years and ended up majorly depressed when she eventually came home, she has since had a baby and now the family ties are making it difficult for her to go back... needless to say she loved it, misses it all the time, she missed no one from here when she got out there and made great, great mates....

we, on the other hand are looking towards the gold coast area (NOT surfers!), i'm a nurse and hubby is a joiner, lots of building work there for him you see.... i'm looking towards a life of leisure, hub can slog it in the sun, while i drink wine... just kidding! kind of....

slatyford is in newcastle, so we are geordies, nearly as mad as the scots!!

hope all goes well for you, keep me informed,

are you new on here, if you are hi, if you're not, pardon my ignorance!!

honeybob x
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:31 pm
heehaugh

Yes I am new, so hi again, he he. I travelled Australia 7 years back and we loved the Gold Coast, but Alan works offshore in oil rigs, hence the reason Perth. Also, I remember in Gold Coast thinking it was too much holiday material, and thought I could never drag myself out to work. But then the best bit is the weekend and you can go out in the 'ran dan' all the time. Wheeeeheeeee, Heather
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

my sentiments exactly love...

take care, i'm off to do a bleedin' nightshift, and it's absolutely chuckin' it doon ma!!!! hopefully will catch up with you at a later date love...

honeybob
Old Aug 18th 2004, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by honeybob
my sentiments exactly love...

take care, i'm off to do a bleedin' nightshift, and it's absolutely chuckin' it doon ma!!!! hopefully will catch up with you at a later date love...

honeybob
How did you go at the solicitors, did they notice they wern't originals? How long did your ANC assessment take? Hoping for mine to come back this week, Marilynne assures me it was posted last Friday, and then we can submit our main application. Not decided yet whether to use a courier or the royal mail.

Primrose
Old Aug 19th 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi there primrose! sorry i didn't get back to you sooner mate....

it went fine at the solicitors, he certified everything without a couple of the original documents being there! cool bloke!

anc assessment took exactly eight weeks, the lovely marilynne did as much as possible, she emails now just for the chat, really nice girl, go with me and send letter to head of anc saying more people like marilynne should be out there, dosen't cost anything to be nice does it????

and we are sending by DHL, lots of positive responses, you did ask that question mate didn't you, or as usual, do i just spend too much time chatting on here!!!

stay in touch prim,

honeybob!
Old Aug 19th 2004, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Hi Honeybob,

Glad everything went OK for you, I only read your other post earlier about your name being spelt wrong, did Marilynne sort that too?

Still waiting for mine to arrive, sure all the postie's in the UK must think they have stalkers with us lot on this forum!!!!

Off to solicitors to get everything else certified tomorrow, so that the visa is ready to go once the ANC arrives.

Been checking out the couriers websites tonight to compare prices etc.

Primrose
Old Aug 19th 2004, 10:53 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by primrose
Hi Honeybob,

Glad everything went OK for you, I only read your other post earlier about your name being spelt wrong, did Marilynne sort that too?

Still waiting for mine to arrive, sure all the postie's in the UK must think they have stalkers with us lot on this forum!!!!

Off to solicitors to get everything else certified tomorrow, so that the visa is ready to go once the ANC arrives.

Been checking out the couriers websites tonight to compare prices etc.

Primrose
Hiya Primrose and Honeybob

Don't forget to track on the nursing thread! we need some amusement whilst we wait!
who will sign I wonder???

Marilynne replied to my email too she was really helpful I was going on holiday and the NMC had sent verification but I wasn't able to send my application as I hadn't heard from Queensland she told me to enjoy my holiday and not worry ! I think she should change careers and work at DIMIA perhaps we could suggest it???

Hey Honeybob you get a free badge when you register with Queensland!!!!

Nikki x
Old Aug 19th 2004, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

hia nikki, hope all is well...

a free badge hey - how exciting!!!!

i agree that the lovely marilynne should work for DIMIA, christ, we'd be flyin in!!! she is so lovely, and now just emails for a chat!!! so come on nik, i'm on a mission to get everyone to send a letter about marilynne, and how friendly she is, to the head of the anc!!! let's be nice!!!!

what do you think? life is too short, GI mac nurse! do you think we could start a revolution re marilynne's niceness?? i mean it sincerely!!!

should i try a new thread re marilynne...

hope to hear from you soon,

honeybob x