Bloody Nits

Old Nov 4th 2005, 11:42 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody Nits

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
OK,Arkon can sit on top of the tree. The idea has been planted in my mind and I can feel a story brewing.

Trouble is, stories are best brewed late at night when im shagged out.

Feel free to post suggestions, my fingers are itching to get started.

And if anyone can bring back The Wombat, that would be good.
I think we need a new thread
Old Nov 4th 2005, 11:55 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

The best way I found of getting rid of head lice was to use a tea tree shampoo (as apparently lice don't like mint), then loads of conditioner and run through the hair with a comb while the conditioner is still on there. The lice and nits just slide out of the hair then . The best type of comb was a cat flea comb from the pet shop as it has a sturdy handle instead of those flimsy little combs you get with all those special lice treatments. Keep going through the hair every day for about a week.
Honestly it works, try it.
Julie
Old Nov 5th 2005, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Sorry just had to get this off my chest (so to speak)

Youngest came home tonight with bloody nits again!!! (all those mums out there, so know what i'm talking about!)

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! bloody things!!!! :scared:

Feel better now

thanks

We're getting letters home from school all the time I check my kids hair nearly everyday. They've had them once in the UK...dont want to get them again. Although when they did get them I sat my daughter in the bath washed her hair put loads on conditioner on and sat for a VERY long time with a nit comb, I then dried her hair put a nit foam in her hair for 30 mins then done the whole wash and comb again....got rid of the little sh#t's straight away Only found one in my sons hair, then gave him a very short hair cut.

I've got all the stuff thats needed in the cupboard just in case.

I've got an itchy head now

Hope you get them sorted soon....Sue x
Old Nov 5th 2005, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough

When your childrens' hair is nit-free, spray them with hairspray before school each day. It makes the hair 'dirty' and the nits do not like it. When I was a teacher, I did this on my own hair and only rarely caught them.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

As a parent with 2 girls I feel that I am an expert on nits . For some reason my girls semed to get them constantly when they were little. My son is quite lucky. I think it's probably because girls have their heads together plotting and gossiping whereas boys tend to keep their distace a bit more.

I have tried virtually every remedy under the sun, most of which are crap. Particularly that new miracle mousse stuff . The only thing that truly works as far as I'm concerned is the conditioner and comb. If you do this daily it breaks the cycle. Very time consuming, but effective. The alternative being the electronic comb. Very therapeutic when you hear a buzz and know that you've zapped one of the little b******s.

I do symapathise with the OP because they are an absolute pain in the arse

Tracey
Old Nov 5th 2005, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd add my experience of this nits thingie.

My daughter gets them really bad here in Oz and the school is running with them yuckie!!! and after trying Tea Tree oil and mousse stuuf etc I have found a brilliant product that my ozzie neighbour got me and she has been nit clear without eggs stuck in her hair for over a month now!!! it is an aussie remedy and I can get the link if any of you ladies wanna try it, its costs about $30 but you get the shampoo spray in oil and spray in conditioner, its called Natural Look and its name is Pyrethrum you rub it in dry hair leave it in wash it out, use it like normal shampoo and you dont need much, then either use the spray in conditioner or the oil, shes had no eggs or anything, I think its great ,hopefully the nits wont become immune to it!!!!

3 lots of 250ml bottle for approx $30.

Kath

Brilliant
Old Nov 5th 2005, 2:45 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm gonna have to go and have another shower now...

heads itchy and got the heebee geebeies.....
Old Nov 5th 2005, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiesoon
When your childrens' hair is nit-free, spray them with hairspray before school each day. It makes the hair 'dirty' and the nits do not like it. When I was a teacher, I did this on my own hair and only rarely caught them.

Good idea I have been sending Morgan to school with her hair tied back, hoping this will help, so will add some hair spray too.

Sue
Old Nov 5th 2005, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tracey.d
As a parent with 2 girls I feel that I am an expert on nits . For some reason my girls semed to get them constantly when they were little. My son is quite lucky. I think it's probably because girls have their heads together plotting and gossiping whereas boys tend to keep their distace a bit more.

I have tried virtually every remedy under the sun, most of which are crap. Particularly that new miracle mousse stuff . The only thing that truly works as far as I'm concerned is the conditioner and comb. If you do this daily it breaks the cycle. Very time consuming, but effective. The alternative being the electronic comb. Very therapeutic when you hear a buzz and know that you've zapped one of the little b******s.

I do symapathise with the OP because they are an absolute pain in the arse

Tracey
I agree, I think the comb and conditioner is the best...I've also heard the electronic comb is very good too.... you can hear them getting zzzzapped

Sue
Old Nov 5th 2005, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

My daughter has hair down to her bum so it's alot of hard work if she ever gets nits (she's only had them once).

I've got the electronic comb and I swear by it. I tried some of the other products, which did nothing. Also tried the conditioner and the comb, which took forever.

If I do see my daughter scratching, I get the comb out and use it morning and evening for a couple of days, which keeps her nit free
Old Nov 5th 2005, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Scottie2hottie is a jewel in the roughScottie2hottie is a jewel in the roughScottie2hottie is a jewel in the roughScottie2hottie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
I feel sorry for you.

In Oz they are ripe. I have three girls and they never got them in the UK.... here it is a constant battle..

Nothing works on them now and I am fed up of seeing the chemical reactions on my kids skin. I just condition and comb every bath time and it does the job.

They gave them to me last time. It took an hour every combing :scared:

KP24 is good however but I think that they become immune after a while.
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your battle with those pesky little critters.
As a possible alternate (if you have rellies back in UK) get someone to go to Boots, as they have an electronic nit zapper, and send it to you. It uses 2x AA batts, and basically is a nit comb that transmits a tiny electrical current. You comb through the hair with it, and it makes a high pitched sound, as soon as it makes contact with a nit, the current/sound is interrupted, it catches the nit in the comb and kills it dead. If you use it every day for a week it kills nits before they can lay eggs, as they have to be two weeks old. Then basically your kiddies will be nit free without nasty chemical irritation/smell etc. The zapper thingy is £20 GBP. It's a godsend. I spent £50 trying to kill the nits in my daughters hair before I came across this!! Good Luck!
Louise
Old Nov 5th 2005, 12:16 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
The best way I found of getting rid of head lice was to use a tea tree shampoo (as apparently lice don't like mint), then loads of conditioner and run through the hair with a comb while the conditioner is still on there. The lice and nits just slide out of the hair then . The best type of comb was a cat flea comb from the pet shop as it has a sturdy handle instead of those flimsy little combs you get with all those special lice treatments. Keep going through the hair every day for about a week.
Honestly it works, try it.
Julie

this is what i do (minus the cat flea comb though......i use a nit comb lol~!)
an old lady i was talking to on the bus a couple of weeks ago said to put a couple of drops of tea tree oil in the final rinse of the pillowcases in the washing machine...that helps too apparently.

sue
(current nit free zone)
Old Nov 5th 2005, 1:35 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RReed
I quite like it when my kids get head-lice. I find combing them out and 'popping' them very therapeutic. I also used to enjoy combing and popping my cats fleas too.

Rachel
Ewwwwwww
Old Nov 5th 2005, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I carry a little bottle with dead headlice in so I can do on the spot parent education as to what they should be looking for... in my handbag...

My kids go to a 'very NICE' school so the mothers believe their little darlings could never get nits... too common... sadley they are wrong ... so I spend most of the term delousing , it's a constant battle.... I live for the holidays when my 4 appear to remain mostly nit free.....
Old Nov 5th 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Sorry just had to get this off my chest (so to speak)

Youngest came home tonight with bloody nits again!!! (all those mums out there, so know what i'm talking about!)

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! bloody things!!!! :scared:

Feel better now

thanks
can sympathise, we have to check the kids hair every friday and treat them every friday without fail! Pisses me off as we seem to be the only parents at school taking some kind of action. We've tried everything, from tea tree oil and spray, normal nit lotions to repel spray! Nightmare! Anyone we've gone back to good old conditioner and metal nit comb, plus physically picking them out with tweezers. Takes a good hour per child!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.