British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Bloody Nits (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bloody-nits-335553/)

Sam Nov 4th 2005 10:10 pm

Bloody Nits

Sorry just had to get this off my chest (so to speak)

Youngest came home tonight with bloody nits again!!! (all those mums out there, so know what i'm talking about!)

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! bloody things!!!! :scared:

Feel better now

thanks

Luke I Amyofath Nov 4th 2005 10:12 pm

Re: Bloody Nits

Originally Posted by alan and sam

Youngest came home tonight with bloody nits again!!! (all those mums out there, so know what i'm talking about!)

Feel better now

thanks

wait til youre in oz where I suppose because of the climate lice in kids hair is very commonplace :scared:

Perthforme Nov 4th 2005 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by alan and sam

Feel better now

thanks

Try to get some nitty gritty its very good , that and get your kid moved in class.
Nits can't jump or fly your nipper is prob touching heads in class over a shared text book !

Cheetah7 Nov 4th 2005 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
wait til youre in oz where I suppose because of the climate lice in kids hair is very commonplace :scared:

When my friends daughter had nits, he put some of his 'frontline' flea spray in her hair as nothing had worked, not combing, conditioning, treatment - nothing,

Frontline is alcohol based and is good for fleas. Anyway, this vet puts it on his kids hair as she was crawling with them.

next day, all dead, eggs included. Took ages to get eggs out, but the effect lasted something like 6 shampoos.

Makes me shudder. Ive got hair like a toilet brush and it would be a nightmare.

I had them once and my mum put a pudidng basin round my head and cut round it. :scared:

herrchook Nov 4th 2005 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
When my friends daughter had nits, he put some of his 'frontline' flea spray in her hair as nothing had worked, not combing, conditioning, treatment - nothing,

Frontline is alcohol based and is good for fleas. Anyway, this vet puts it on his kids hair as she was crawling with them.

next day, all dead, eggs included. Took ages to get eggs out, but the effect lasted something like 6 shampoos.

Makes me shudder. Ive got hair like a toilet brush and it would be a nightmare.

I had them once and my mum put a pudidng basin round my head and cut round it. :scared:

We always knew which kids in our school had nits as they came in with those pudding hair dos too :D Love the Chrimbo photo Sam.

Cheetah7 Nov 4th 2005 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by herrchook
We always knew which kids in our school had nits as they came in with those pudding hair dos too :D Love the Chrimbo photo Sam.

I do like my saucy santa. I just used my head and borrowed the body as it is a nice body.

I am working on the BE christmas story as well.

I should start a thread to see who wants to be in it.

woodyinoz Nov 4th 2005 10:22 pm

I feel sorry for you.

In Oz they are ripe. I have three girls and they never got them in the UK.... here it is a constant battle..

Nothing works on them now and I am fed up of seeing the chemical reactions on my kids skin. I just condition and comb every bath time and it does the job.

They gave them to me last time. It took an hour every combing :scared:

KP24 is good however but I think that they become immune after a while.

herrchook Nov 4th 2005 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I do like my saucy santa. I just used my head and borrowed the body as it is a nice body.

I am working on the BE christmas story as well.

I should start a thread to see who wants to be in it.

We could make Arkon the fairy on the top of the tree - would give him something else to complain about.

herrchook Nov 4th 2005 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
I feel sorry for you.

In Oz they are ripe. I have three girls and they never got them in the UK.... here it is a constant battle..

Nothing works on them now and I am fed up of seeing the chemical reactions on my kids skin. I just condition and comb every bath time and it does the job.

They gave them to me last time. It took an hour every combing :scared:

KP24 is good however but I think that they become immune after a while.

From what I've read, combing is just about the only thing that works these days no matter where you are.

Perthforme Nov 4th 2005 10:29 pm

http://www.nittygritty.co.uk/ng/index.jsp

This stuff works and is chemical free !

the only hair cut that will get rid of them is a No 1 all over as they lay their eggs at the root !

Cheetah7 Nov 4th 2005 10:30 pm

We could make Arkon the fairy on the top of the tree - would give him something else to complain about.

I want wombat42 back.

Its not right without him/her

wanderingwombat Nov 4th 2005 10:30 pm

Sounds a bit like the 'Why the fairy got stuck on top of the Christmas tree' story. :eek: :D
WW

RReed Nov 4th 2005 10:33 pm

I quite like it when my kids get head-lice. I find combing them out and 'popping' them very therapeutic. I also used to enjoy combing and popping my cats fleas too.

Rachel

Cheetah7 Nov 4th 2005 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Sounds a bit like the 'Why the fairy got stuck on top of the Christmas tree' story. :eek: :D
WW

OK,Arkon can sit on top of the tree. The idea has been planted in my mind and I can feel a story brewing.

Trouble is, stories are best brewed late at night when im shagged out.

Feel free to post suggestions, my fingers are itching to get started.

And if anyone can bring back The Wombat, that would be good.

helinuk Nov 4th 2005 10:39 pm

Nits are no fun to get rid of! Hope the nitty gritty works for you!

Many years ago I worked in India, in a creche nurses training school and in the slum creches. We were constantly checking the children's hair. (I caught nits twice, and had my long hair cut short afterwards!) the worst case I came across was a little girl with the eggs not just in her hair but on her eye lashes! Not pleasant! :eek: I have never forgotten it and it always puts any nits I see here in perspective!
Hx