Bloody Mozzies

Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:37 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Bloody Mozzies

I was cleaning the pool today and got done bad by the mozzies(might be sand flys cos the lumps came up so quick).I thought I was safe cos it wasnt "mozzie time"".Now I look like Tom Hanks in "Philidelphia"

AND I eat 2 bits of toast with loads of vegemite every day.Whoever thought up that old tale from the wives??
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:39 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody Mozzies

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.
I was cleaning the pool today and got done bad by the mozzies(might be sand flys cos the lumps came up so quick).I thought I was safe cos it wasnt "mozzie time"".Now I look like Tom Hanks in "Philidelphia"

AND I eat 2 bits of toast with loads of vegemite every day.Whoever thought up that old tale from the wives??
I think you're either a 'lumper' ... or you're not. Me and the missus can sit out in the garden or by the river or at the beach and she'll come home shrieking for the Soov and I'll be unblemished. I guess you're just a lumper.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hutch
I think you're either a 'lumper' ... or you're not. Me and the missus can sit out in the garden or by the river or at the beach and she'll come home shrieking for the Soov and I'll be unblemished. I guess you're just a lumper.
i get the lumps aswell i just spray lots of mozzi spray on the lump and it relieves the itch and goas away works for me
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:28 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wintersgills
i get the lumps aswell i just spray lots of mozzi spray on the lump and it relieves the itch and goas away works for me
antihistamines work for the lumpies! I am a lumpie too
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I've had one bite since last July

My poor hubby on the other hand is covered in them
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:39 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.

I get bitten a lot around the pool but it is not mozzie bites. If it is a mozzie it will be a bit of hard lump, will itch, may not come up for hours but can last for several days. The things I get are like tiny blisters, come up immediately but a dab of anti-histamine makes them disappear in seconds.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:43 am
Banned

chilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wendy
I've had one bite since last July

My poor hubby on the other hand is covered in them

madam please
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chilli

madam please

Madam is it?

I've been called some names in my time, but that's not one of them
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:55 am
Banned

chilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wendy
Madam is it?

I've been called some names in my time, but that's not one of them
sticks and stones wendy
i cant believe anyone would call you names... who would do such a thing....

im in the lumpie crew
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chilli
sticks and stones wendy
i cant believe anyone would call you names... who would do such a thing....

im in the lumpie crew

Aye, but I don't care if I get called names. I know it's all in fun

I've got crap blood, so they obviously take pity on me
Old Mar 9th 2007, 11:33 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

I know what you mean .My Mrs can sit out all day without getting a nip .Ive watched mozzies land on her arm literally take a sniff .then say nahhh then attck me AND call their mates.
I'm not as bad as a fella at my work tho ..When he gets done he looks like something out of the Bible..
Old Mar 9th 2007, 11:34 am
Where's the factor 30.

Originally Posted by worzel
I get bitten a lot around the pool but it is not mozzie bites. If it is a mozzie it will be a bit of hard lump, will itch, may not come up for hours but can last for several days. The things I get are like tiny blisters, come up immediately but a dab of anti-histamine makes them disappear in seconds.
Yeah I think your right ..These came up straight away whereas mozzie bites come up the next day
Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:23 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I'm nervous about the mozzies when we move to Oz - I get eaten alive (even when I juice myself up with Off, or something) whereas my OH who doesn't even have to put the stuff on never gets bitten at all. It's totally unfair.... I even get bitten when we're inside and apparently "there aren't any mozzies here at all". There only needs to be one mozzie in a 10 mile radius and it'll find me and feat on me

I'm hoping it gets easier the longer you stay in Oz?? But I can't really see why that would happen. I guess I've just got chocolate blood.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:34 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

there is a theory that smokers get bitten more than non-smokers. does thia apply to you lot and your OH's
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Best cure for mozzies? Try sitting next to someone who always gets bitten The obviously prefere their blood so you should be safe

Failing that, try eating some garlic, they don't like that taste apparently (I don't know if this is really true but could be worth a go).

Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.