Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bloody meds!! help!

bloody meds!! help!

Old Jan 17th 2006, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

devonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant future
Default bloody meds!! help!

hi peeps,

first thread for me, can anyone help!! please!!! just had meds yesturday and husband had dodgy urine sample and has to go back again next week (blood in it yuk) has anyone else has this prob and will it stop us from gettin to OZ?

thought it was all goin to smoothly :scared:

anita
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:02 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: bloody meds!! help!

Originally Posted by devonfolk
hi peeps,

first thread for me, can anyone help!! please!!! just had meds yesturday and husband had dodgy urine sample and has to go back again next week (blood in it yuk) has anyone else has this prob and will it stop us from gettin to OZ?

anita
yep, Mum did. Not going to give you the details as you need to go back and have it checked again really - it could be a number of things. They did get there visa, it was a blip in the application, but they got there in the end.

Let me know how you get on, best of luck!!! PM if you need me.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

devonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by claire edwards
yep, Mum did. Not going to give you the details as you need to go back and have it checked again really - it could be a number of things. They did get there visa, it was a blip in the application, but they got there in the end.

Let me know how you get on, best of luck!!! PM if you need me.
cheers claire
that makes me feel a bit more hopeful, he has had this prob b4 when he was young so hopeing that may help. he's into running and the doc thinks this may also have caused it.
cheers anita
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Don’t worry about it. It’s probably something very simple, and as far as I can see, you have to be seriously ill to fail the medical. At worst you might get a shorter validation period 6 months instead of 12. But that also is unlikely.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Don’t worry about it. It’s probably something very simple, and as far as I can see, you have to be seriously ill to fail the medical. At worst you might get a shorter validation period 6 months instead of 12. But that also is unlikely.

thanx manxfamily,
that would 'nt bother us as we are hoping to go in the summer
so u guys off soon? where u goin?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

thanx manxfamily,
that would 'nt bother us as we are hoping to go in the summer
so u guys off soon? where u goin?
We should have the visas by mid Feb, just waiting for the call for passports
We then plan to move in June/July after the daughter finishes her GCSEs. We are Brisbane bound. How about you?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:42 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

cheers claire
that makes me feel a bit more hopeful, he has had this prob b4 when he was young so hopeing that may help. he's into running and the doc thinks this may also have caused it.
cheers anita

best of luck, let me know how you get on xx
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:44 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Can i ask you what you think about this....while we are on the subject of medicals. We are still quite early on in our process and still are waiting to be
'summoned for our meds' My hubby who is normally fit and well has been put on the waiting list for an arthroscopy ( painfull knee on and off 18 months) once this has been done and they can mend the cartilage he should be fit as a fiddle ( hopefully) can this affect our medicals ?...Is it necessary to declare it? Arthroscopy should be done within 6 months.

Last edited by Issie; Jan 17th 2006 at 12:37 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

buzz will become famous soon enoughbuzz will become famous soon enough

hi peeps,

anita
Yep, I went through this. I ended up going back to the surgery several times, until I got a clear sample (it was just a minor infection, apparently quite common especially when stressed!!). The doctor was very nice about it! It didn't affect the application at all.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:45 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

hi peeps,

anita
Hi Anita, don't worry i had the same, turned out that I have kidney stones which I'am having removed before we go, but that wouldn't of stoped us from going. They are only intrested major problems which will cost them in medicare.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

manxfamily
were off to perth/mandurah hopefully as i have a sister there looking to get visas april/may but not sure now!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

hi peeps,

anita

Hi anita. We had our meds done a couple of weeks before xmas and they found blood and sugar in my urine test. They said the little dipsticks they use pick everything up and it was probably nothing. I paid an extra £30 to get it sent away to the lab for testing and it all came back clear. I have no clue what caused it to happen but everything turned out fine. Dont worry too much, im sure it will be nothing.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

hi peeps,

anita

Hi,we know exactly how you feel.
2 yr had wee infection at time of meds,had another sample done last week.really p****s me off, cos if we had never put down on the form that she was on antibiotics,we would have had our visa by now!

Never mind, I'm sure everything will be fine with your hubby..Sending some k
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by angel17796
Hi anita. We had our meds done a couple of weeks before xmas and they found blood and sugar in my urine test. They said the little dipsticks they use pick everything up and it was probably nothing. I paid an extra £30 to get it sent away to the lab for testing and it all came back clear. I have no clue what caused it to happen but everything turned out fine. Dont worry too much, im sure it will be nothing.
My dipstick test picked up a small amount of protein in my water, which the doc said was probably nothing, just a leaky kidney or something, which sounds quite serious to me! He just ticked the okay box on the form and off it went to Sydney to the next day.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

My dipstick test picked up a small amount of protein in my water, which the doc said was probably nothing, just a leaky kidney or something, which sounds quite serious to me! He just ticked the okay box on the form and off it went to Sydney to the next day.

Oh just a leaky kidney!!! Makes us worried eh. What Darren said to me was "they would tell you if there was somethin serious wrong, we gave then £600" At least they sent them away next day.

PS hope ur kidneys are all right