Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody HSBC bank..........again!!!

Bloody HSBC bank..........again!!!

Old Aug 26th 2006, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Bloody HSBC bank..........again!!!

We opened our HSBC account prior to leaving the UK, then arranged via HIFX to transfer our funds into the Perth account. Upon our arrival, the account was empty............and stayed that way for 2 weeks. HSBC had credited our funds, into someone elses account. No apologies or anything. They simply transferred it back again!!!

Then 2 months ago I was checking my bank statement only 2 discover that it showed a credit of $10,000 and then 3 weeks later a debit of the same amount, stating 'credited in error'. Once again, no letter of explaination!!!

This time they have really pushed me! Checking my mortgage statement I discover that all, apart from the first one, my direct debit requests have been rejected!! On querying this with WestPac, they state that the direct debits have been verbally stopped. On querying it with HSBC, they state they do not know why they have stopped and will look into it. When asked if they can retrigger the payments, they say not until they discover why it was stopped, and how long will this take????????????? Up to 3 months!!!!
Old Aug 26th 2006, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

JOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bloody HSBC bank..........again!!!

Was thinking of using HSBC, after reading some of the threads regarding this I am having doubts now!
Old Aug 26th 2006, 9:30 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JOHN G BLOOM
Was thinking of using HSBC, after reading some of the threads regarding this I am having doubts now!
I've been in Melbourne for over 18 months and have never had any trouble with HSBC, apart from there not being many branches.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 9:56 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible for you to go into branch and talk to somebody directly? The telephone banking centre is worse than useless but, here in Brisbane, at least, the branch staff are very good. They've sorted out stuff in the past and I now go directly through the personal banking manager if I need anything, even new bank cards.

Jane
Old Aug 26th 2006, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

our bank changed our address to another one we didnt even live there sent new cards and pin numbers to that address we could of been stripped of everything but got sorted out got $500 compensation after it happened three times give it a go ask for sum kind of compensation you mite get it we did good luck
Old Aug 26th 2006, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

wintergills can I ask you who complained to? Was it the local branch?
Old Aug 27th 2006, 12:26 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

We bank with HSBC and have had no problems with them at all. It just sounds like bad luck and I think any bank could do this, not just HSBC. After all they are only in it for your money, one way or another!!

Lorraine
Old Aug 27th 2006, 1:14 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JOHN G BLOOM
Not had any problems yet in Perth. Only doing routine banking but have set up standing orders on-line very easy to do and they have always left on time.

Internet banking very good and very secure, you have an access number and passwords, then a device which generatres a random number that is linked to your account, unless the numbers match, you cannot access the account. The device is very similar a key fob for a remote car alarm with a LCD screen to read the number from.

Transfers from First Direct in the UK take no more than 1-2 days to arrive and is just £10 per transaction, regardless of the amount.

Neil.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 6:10 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all
Angry Re: Bloody HSBC bank..........again!!!

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
We opened our HSBC account prior to leaving the UK, then arranged via HIFX to transfer our funds into the Perth account. Upon our arrival, the account was empty............and stayed that way for 2 weeks. HSBC had credited our funds, into someone elses account. No apologies or anything. They simply transferred it back again!!!

Then 2 months ago I was checking my bank statement only 2 discover that it showed a credit of $10,000 and then 3 weeks later a debit of the same amount, stating 'credited in error'. Once again, no letter of explaination!!!

This time they have really pushed me! Checking my mortgage statement I discover that all, apart from the first one, my direct debit requests have been rejected!! On querying this with WestPac, they state that the direct debits have been verbally stopped. On querying it with HSBC, they state they do not know why they have stopped and will look into it. When asked if they can retrigger the payments, they say not until they discover why it was stopped, and how long will this take????????????? Up to 3 months!!!!
Funny you should mention HSBC losing your money. They lost our money between Dubai and the Anglo Irish, IOM in sterling for 2 weeks. End of last month they sent our money AUS$ to our $ account and it got returned then was resent and accepted, this effectively meant we lost 3 weeks interest.

It happens whenever a large amount i.e. bonus pay out is sent. Do you think that the bank hangs onto this money and earns interest that should rightfully be their customers? If this is happening to 1,000's of customers around the world they could be earning a lot of interest.

They alway blame the receiving end. However it has to be HSBC as this has happened when sending to other banks, all from HSBC.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:55 am
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
I've been in Melbourne for over 18 months and have never had any trouble with HSBC, apart from there not being many branches.
Same in SA and only 1 ATM in the whole of SA
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul

Ask for cash back at the shops
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:54 pm
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sj oldfield

No wonder they sponsor the rugby union with berks running the show.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all

We had problems when opening an account with HSBC. When we set up the account we had to use our serviced apartment address as this was the only Oz address we had. We quickly changed it to my husbands work address after the account was opened and asked for he PIN numbers etc to be sent to that address since the serviced apartment address had unlocked mail boxes and there was no way of locking them. Anyway to cut a long story short, they sent the PINs and Cards to the unlocked mail box!!! We were petrified in case someone ran off with them and had to stay in on some days to check the mail box every hour. It was a complete waste of our time. When asked if we could cancel those pins and cards and a new set sent out, they said no. Coupled with this was the inability of the call centre staff to understand the simplest instructions. It was all OK in the end but we very nearly closed the whole bank account. All is OK now since we have online banking and so don't need to call any more thank goodness.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
use Australia Post offices.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 5:35 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sandra

I have heard so many bad reports about HSBC recently that i don't think anything would surprise me now, and the lack of having someone to go and shout at seems to be a pain too.

In WA HSBC are poorly represented which to be honest would put me off setting up an account with them.

Tell them where to go and set up with someone who at least has a local branch you can shout at

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.