Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody House Viewings!!!!!

Bloody House Viewings!!!!!

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 7:46 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice
Default Bloody House Viewings!!!!!

Yet again had a viewing cancel at the last minute. This time they said they had just driven past and it was too busy (Then look before you book a viewing) I am sick to the back teeth of running around like a blue ar@!d fly getting the house right for the idiots to cancel at the last minute. The house has only been on a couple of months and ok we don't live in the best of areas but its a nice size house if I could just get them through the door. Had 3 viewings so far 1 couldn't afford it (so why look), another didn't like that it was on a main road, and another it was too big for them?? its only a 3 bed semi.

Sorry for the rant just needed to get it off my chest. I'm seriously considering dropping the price a few thousand as I don't care how much we get we will set up and budget accordingly we won't have a vast amount to take but enough. Just want to go assuming we get the visa that is!

Michelle

Need Karma to calm me!!
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

THEOLIVERS has a spectacular aura aboutTHEOLIVERS has a spectacular aura aboutTHEOLIVERS has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Bloody House Viewings!!!!!

Originally Posted by fozzie
Yet again had a viewing cancel at the last minute. This time they said they had just driven past and it was too busy (Then look before you book a viewing) I am sick to the back teeth of running around like a blue ar@!d fly getting the house right for the idiots to cancel at the last minute. The house has only been on a couple of months and ok we don't live in the best of areas but its a nice size house if I could just get them through the door. Had 3 viewings so far 1 couldn't afford it (so why look), another didn't like that it was on a main road, and another it was too big for them?? its only a 3 bed semi.

Sorry for the rant just needed to get it off my chest. I'm seriously considering dropping the price a few thousand as I don't care how much we get we will set up and budget accordingly we won't have a vast amount to take but enough. Just want to go assuming we get the visa that is!

Michelle

Need Karma to calm me!!
Stay chilled and keep thinking of the sunshine!!!!!!!!!!,
sending you some karma to keep you calm
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:15 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Bloody House Viewings!!!!!

We're also fed up with viewings. Had about 10 now and each takes about an evening to prepare the house (we have 3 young kids). So many are looking without even having theirs on the market. What a waste of time that is. We had 1 second viewing and the woman left saying to the agent that they woold definitly be making an offer on the Monday. Agent chased on Tuesday. Woman was very apologetic. Boyfriend has decided that it is too far from work. Friggin to*spot. It was the same distance when they did the first viewing. Had another viewing yesterday. As usual, dirty footprints up the cream stair carpet. gggrrr.

Going to ask the agent not to show anyone around that doesn't already have their house on the market. When we bought this house, there were 10 in the chain and it took about 8 months to complete. Not going through that again.

Actually, I'm going to do the conveyancing myself. Got the Which? guide to conveyancing (8.99), ordered all the forms I need from the law society over the internet (less than 20 quid), and that's it. For a sale, it is very straightforward. The solicitors wanted between 700-800+vat. All in all there are 4 forms to fill in. Think I'll manage.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:35 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Leave a mess. Sod's law says they'll all turn up
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:35 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Leave a mess. Sod's law says they'll all turn up

Sent you some K
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

way86 will become famous soon enoughway86 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Bloody House Viewings!!!!!

Michelle

Need Karma to calm me!!
hi we know how you feel ours has been on the market for six months
about ten have come to view but only two offers really under the price by miles they was just trying it on and the others just time wasters
changed the estate agents twice. im sure they pay people just to have a look just to keep you happy and make them look like there trying
keep your chin up sent u some karma hope all goes well for you
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Michelle

Need Karma to calm me!!

Hi Michelle,
sent you some relaxing karma, so annoying that people can do that. We have only just put ours on the market, trying to keep it tidy, waiting for the one phone call that might change our lives!

Just one buyer is all that is needed!!!!

Good luck Chris
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

nfernand is an unknown quantity at this point

In a similar situ. House was on the market for the past 2 weeks, and yet no wievings. I have allready got the air ticket for the 20th of April to Sydney & my new job in sydney commence on the 2nd of May.

Need to sell my property ASAP.

Good luck to all
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

we are in same boat - house been on market since January, only half a dozen viewings - fell out with agent Saturday, when we discovered an identical house in our road had 11 viewings in two weeks with another agent. We are £2K cheaper than other house (and i put an extention on the back 4 years ago).

I know it's difficult at the moment for us all and we are looking to go to Perth a the beginning of August and we are getting worried.

I hope all of us sell in good time.

I'm finding it more stessful than the migration aplication and process before visa was issued.

chin up

Gaz
Old Apr 4th 2005, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

nfernand is an unknown quantity at this point

I have only 3 wks remaining, therefore, may rent my property to the council for gaurnteed rent for 5 yrs.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 6:58 am
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Thanks for the support Guys I know we are all in the same boat but it is just so maddening when youv'e got 2 boys 3 & 5 and all I feel i'm doing is telling them off for getting toys out. Poor things only want to play but the dragon won't let them get anything out. Hope things will pick up soon!

Sending you all some Karma too we've just got to keep going. Waiting for the visa grant is driving me mad too it should be any day now.

Michelle
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:58 am
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Waiting for the visa grant is driving me mad too it should be any day now.
Michelle
Hi Michelle,

I think it is harder when you haven't got your visa grant yet. (We're in the same boat). It just adds to the pressure as you don't know for 100% whether it's all going ahead or not.

I just noticed that the edge of our flat roof needs repairing, so I need to get that sorted now as well. Don't want any reason for a survey to fail. Not that we have a buyer yet mind.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gazzer
I'm finding it more stessful than the migration aplication and process before visa was issued.
Gaz
Gaz,
Know how you feel, we were only saying same at the weekend, selling the house is becoming far more stressful than getting the visa.
We've had house on market since last August, had 7 viewings, 2 are interested but can't sell their own properties.

Lisa
Old Apr 4th 2005, 10:41 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Michelle

Need Karma to calm me!!
Know how you feel, we've been on the market just over 6 weeks (I know not that long really) and we've had 2 viewings, the 1st said it was a lovely house but the garden was too small?? and they didn't like the positioning?? the 2nd liked it very much but they are mulling it over as they are interested in another 2 properties, arrggh it's so frustrating why can't they just say yes or no!
I also feel like I'm nagging the girls to keep the house tidy, the 1 girl loves to be creative so lots of bits of paper everywhere and the other is a teenager....need i say more.
K sent
Old Apr 4th 2005, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Thanks for the support Guys I know we are all in the same boat but it is just so maddening when youv'e got 2 boys 3 & 5 and all I feel i'm doing is telling them off for getting toys out. Poor things only want to play but the dragon won't let them get anything out. Hope things will pick up soon!

Sending you all some Karma too we've just got to keep going. Waiting for the visa grant is driving me mad too it should be any day now.

Michelle
Hang in there.
We were in the similar situation as you 2 kids (one 2yrs other 7 months old).
Trying to keep house tidy and the obligatory blitz before a viewing.
I used to have to take one of them out in the pram whilst people were viewing and return after the all clear to limit the mayhem.
We managed to sell and complete and have spent the first week in our rented house.
We had one buyer pull out quite late on and were given no reason what so ever, demolishing our plans.
We are renting my sister in laws house as they have just gone to Perth.
They were waiting for us to sell before they went adding to the pressure.
In the end we got a cash buyer just in time, putting the nail biting frustration behind us.
I'm sure it will come good for you though it's difficult to see that now.

Fingers crossed for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.