Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody hitch-hikers

Bloody hitch-hikers

Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:20 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bloody hitch-hikers

So... got back from a spot of late xmas shopping, parked the car, went round to the passenger door to get the bags out, and out saunters a huntsman. Missus stayed pretty calm all things considered, merely asked me to remove it. Quite a big one, but no monster by all reckoning - quick flick with the toe of me shoe and he sprinted off to the nearest tree. Down-side to the saga is that she now does a sixteen point check worthy of the Gaza border before settling into her seat.

Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:59 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bloody hitch-hikers

Originally Posted by Hutch
So... got back from a spot of late xmas shopping, parked the car, went round to the passenger door to get the bags out, and out saunters a huntsman. Missus stayed pretty calm all things considered, merely asked me to remove it. Quite a big one, but no monster by all reckoning - quick flick with the toe of me shoe and he sprinted off to the nearest tree. Down-side to the saga is that she now does a sixteen point check worthy of the Gaza border before settling into her seat.

What a hero!! give that man a blue peter badge!

I was abit of a hero myself yesterday. 2 10yr old twins were in the pool with us and one came shrieking over to me and Mr Lush telling us not go up the other end as theres a huge spider on the floor of the pool.
Madam Lush here, gets her goggles on, dives down with a plastic cup and removes said (very dead) monster from the pool!! When i removed my goggles, Mr Lush was staring at me with jaw drop.
"If i EVER hear you screechng about spiders indoors again, i'll hand you your goggles" he yelled
Old Dec 24th 2005, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

doesn't he understand that it's totally different at the bottom of the pool..... much easier to cope with in that state!!!!!

karma for that!
Old Dec 24th 2005, 7:34 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
What a hero!! give that man a blue peter badge!

I was abit of a hero myself yesterday. 2 10yr old twins were in the pool with us and one came shrieking over to me and Mr Lush telling us not go up the other end as theres a huge spider on the floor of the pool.
Madam Lush here, gets her goggles on, dives down with a plastic cup and removes said (very dead) monster from the pool!! When i removed my goggles, Mr Lush was staring at me with jaw drop.
"If i EVER hear you screechng about spiders indoors again, i'll hand you your goggles" he yelled
lol - nice one - how do you know it wasn't faking it though ! :scared: