Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody hell it's hot today (Perth)

Bloody hell it's hot today (Perth)

Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default Bloody hell it's hot today (Perth)

37/38 degrees today and it truly does take your breath away.

Went Christmas shopping in town and was knackered after about 30 minutes. Thankfully it was quiet, and nothing like the Oxford Street chaos I was fearing.

Have spent the afternoon sitting in front of a fan drinking ice water.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:00 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody hell it's hot today (Perth)

Originally Posted by The_Wookie

Went Christmas shopping in town and was knackered after about 30 minutes. Thankfully it was quiet, and nothing like the Oxford Street chaos I was fearing.

I tidied and prepared the garden for Christmas !!!!!
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:12 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

My cat is the only one of us who is totally chilled out in this weather, he is lying by the fly screen watching the birds.

We bought the Kelpie a plastic paddling pool today and I think I have the only water phobic dog on the block, he has dipped his paws in, a bit of his face and then ran away barking I might jump in it actually.

I have the fan on instead of the air con as I prefer the doors open when its daylight and the fly screens shut.

I cannot believe how much water I have drunk, I never normally drink water but I am guzzling it down. Not been out today apart from to the shop, I am just slowly acclimatising to it all as it is my first summer.

Can't go to the beach yet till I get the proper clothes - board shorts and one of those UV shirts to swim in.

God it makes you tired though.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

We spent the whole day on the beach. Loved every second of it. This is the reason we came here. This is our 3rd summer and just cant get enough of the heat
Tracie
Old Dec 14th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep summer has arrived, i thought it was 33 when I checked not 38 though. Wait till it gets up to 45 like last christmas, now thats hot !
Old Dec 14th 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dave99
Yep summer has arrived, i thought it was 33 when I checked not 38 though. Wait till it gets up to 45 like last christmas, now thats hot !
I am really looking forward to that being pregnant during Australia summer then. So as it gets hotter I'm gonna get bigger.

I found today to hot. Will teach me to say things like. It can't be that bad with the air con etc. Well this is true but wait until the kids are going barmy indoors and I have to go out. I know last summer we never really had days on end of late 30's. There were a few cooler days to break up but some of the other states had straight runs of it. Then I would start to worry if a heat wave like that hits this year.

I will appreciate the fact that I will be comfortable tonight in a nice cool house. In the UK during summer our 3 bed end of terraced modern house was so hot no body could sleep. I swore to my husband that if we stayed I would be having a wall unit put in at least one room because it drove me mad the fact that I could never ever get out of the heat unless I went to Sainsburys.

Just a point for those with littlies. My DD (aged 4) came home from Kindy the other day and looked much more hot and bothered than usual. Her friend did as well. I think the increase in temperature from 20's to 30 really wacked them. Any way after a while DD seemed to be getting worse and complaining that her head hurt and didn't feel well. I had this feeling she hadn't been drinking enough in the day and thought she seemed dehydrated. After a hydrolyte drink she was as right as rain so I will be keeping an eye of their fluid intake a bit more from now on. They do only drink water but they are probably only asking for water when they are thirsty which is obviously too late.

Have a good one and enjoy some lovely temps for the rest of the week. 29's. That's more like it.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 12:26 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Very hot and humid in Cairns at the moment...more so than last year, thank god for the air con!!
Old Dec 14th 2008, 1:13 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

We took the boys to the Gold Coast for a Christmas surprise last week and got home yesterday. It wasn't that hot over there but I hated the humidity and grey skies, I just felt sticky and tired all the time. The evenings were quite nice though when it wasn't raining. I found the climate very similar to Florida and Jamaica both of which I found hard going. Give me the dry heat any day, we don't have air con but we live at the top of a hill very close to the ocean. We have kept the doors open today and have enjoyed a wonderful sea breeze all day, even now it is lovely and cool and the smell of the ocean is so fresh.

love it
Old Dec 14th 2008, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

A scorcher, but very pleasant in King's Park.....think icy UK ...think icy UK.

Old Dec 14th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

I chose today of all days to spring clean the house for Christmas.I even cleaned the windows.Then when the house was all clean we put the tree up and of course house needed a clean again.Then went to Scarborough for carols and fireworks.Give me all that, than dragging kids round packed shops any day.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 1:38 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

It was beautiful

Went 4x4ing on the tracks down to the beach ... bit of snorkling .... caught some fish, fried em up .... home and a few beers ... fab day !!!!
Old Dec 14th 2008, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

wanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant future
Unhappy Re: Bloody hell it's hot today (Perth)

Hi,

Just thought you would all like to know that it's 4 degrees in Glasgow and I have the central heating on full blast BBRRRrrrrr......... Come on visa where are you?????
Old Dec 14th 2008, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

globalart4u is on a distinguished road

is it hot enough to fry an egg outside from the heat? Just wondering
Old Dec 14th 2008, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mindblower

A scorcher, but very pleasant in King's Park.....think icy UK ...think icy UK.

Yes it is cold back here in the uk........ we got a roast in the oven, wine in the fridge, logs on the burner and the kids are playing quietly at the table. Not all that bad. could be worse........
Old Dec 14th 2008, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Cassey Mather is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Wookie

Hi
Just to let you know that it rain all through Friday night, wind rattling and rain lashing and it was really cold, and then to make it worst it rained all day Saturday and it was still freezing.....

Changes places with you if you like...lol...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.