Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody estate agents

Bloody estate agents

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Bloody estate agents

I bloody hate them (apart from you Rach)

Three of them valued our house.all 3 were the same.
we have been on the market about a month now, and not even a second viewing. After a bit of bantering, I have managed to get mutiple agency for a max charge of 1.50% to try and conjure up a buyer.
After further discussion, they now say, they might have over valued, and as the market is slowing down, we will have to reallly drop the price!!!!!!!

Useless bunch of BA**tards!!!!

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bloody estate agents

We had that too mate, my manager said ours was worth £185,000, in the end i dropped it to £179,950 over two weeks as it wasnt' going anywhere! the agents next door who i also had it on with said it was valued too high to begin with!!!!!
See they even try to stitch their staff mate! by the way i am only the SECRETARY!!!!!!!
market it at what you think its worth mate, take no notice of agents as they are all a bunch of *******!!!!!
hugs
Rach xxxxxx
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 7:05 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sj oldfield

we have been on the market about a month now, and not even a second viewing. After a bit of bantering, I have managed to get mutiple agency for a max charge of 1.50% to try and conjure up a buyer.
After further discussion, they now say, they might have over valued, and as the market is slowing down, we will have to reallly drop the price!!!!!!!

Hi ,
Wait till the ba**rds start sending total arseholes round to view,
One viewer recently made us 3 offers, until eventually going over the asking price. No chain apparently, so we accepted her final offer, then the agents rang us up to apologies as the viewers house wasn't going up for sale for another week

I thought viewers were supposed to be checked out ?.

Luckily house Sale going through now, full asking price
Thank You Mr Mistry and your Tesco's carrier bags full 'o' cash.

Arron.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Sandra
Went shopping in town, rang hubby for a lift at 6.00pm (the flippin bus company wouldn't let me on with my pushchair ) and he told me that the estate agent had booked a viewer for 7.oopm. I was not too happy as we're not suposed to be on the market until Monday. The house was a tip, I'd painted the loft ladders this morning... in the end we managed to cancel, but I was pretty cheesed off.
Sorry haven't checked out the Good Companion yet, been so busy. Got a wedding this weekend too.
Who are ya with Sandra?
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

PS The fee you mentioned for multi agency is good. We looked into doing this, but have just committed to sole agency for 6 weeks.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 8:21 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We had two valuations - one at £115k (he said absolute max but then he also slipped up with 'I know someone who would love this') and the other at £145k, which was around what we thought.

Put up for £145k and took 2 weeks for the first viewing. Had 5 or 6 in total and havning a 2nd viewing tomorrow - apparently the lady is very keen so we'll see..... If not, then we will drop the proce a bit. Ours has been up for about 6 weeks but I think our agent has been pretty fair and reasonable overall.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Hi
We are also languishing in estate agent hell. We've had eight viewings in five weeks with another viewing booked for tomorrow night. Promised lots of feedback by the estate agents and all they keep telling us is things we can't change, e.g. you don't have a drive to park your car on. Waste of time!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to be able to book the flights, shippers, etc
Good Luck to all of you who are selling.
Susan
Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Estate Agent Hell

Hi
Please cheer me up.
We are putting our house on the market at the end of June. We've had 3 agents round all giving us about the same valuation. I just hope everything goes smoothly!
Anybody had good experiences with selling houses prior to emigrating?
Good Luck to everyone in the process of selling

Regards
Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:28 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

only advice i would give at the moment ....is price your property keenly.......

Fingers crossed for everyone !

all the best plum
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Estate Agent Hell

Originally posted by Stewie
Hi
Please cheer me up.
We are putting our house on the market at the end of June. We've had 3 agents round all giving us about the same valuation. I just hope everything goes smoothly!
Anybody had good experiences with selling houses prior to emigrating?
Good Luck to everyone in the process of selling

Regards
hiya stewie
I would get it on the market asap since its goes stagnant over the summer hoildays.
Best wishes
Larissa
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Estate Agent Hell

Originally posted by Larissa
hiya stewie
I would get it on the market asap since its goes stagnant over the summer hoildays.
Best wishes
Larissa
Hi Larissa
Thanks for the advice. I suppose it's a matter of getting the timing right. Wouldn't want to have a good offer on the house and the visa being no where in sight.
But I think you're right, I'll put it on the market this week!

Thanks
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

We sold our after one week on the market, very civilised.

The Couple said We'll offer £X, we said we want £Y. After a bit of haggling we opened the bottle of Champagne we'd had in the fridge for ages. The four of sat and had a chat

Great, just know what you want for your house. Saves all the make us an offer through the estate agents nonsense.

Good luck to all this weekend, I remember living on burgers and sandwiches from M&S as I could mess up the kitchen!!!
Old Jun 4th 2004, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Gengakev
Well done. Pleased all has gone well, cheered me up a treat. Hope my sale goes as well. I'll keep you posted.

All the best
Old Jun 4th 2004, 12:08 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Hang in there girl

Don't let the beggars get yer down

Look at it sensibly, price up according to what's out there in the market....and maybe knock price down a bit to attract lots of attention

Go...go..go.....cos I'm wafting me wand for yer