Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bloody commonwealth bank

bloody commonwealth bank

Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:31 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Angry bloody commonwealth bank

I've gone to Frankston to find ani nternet cafe so that I can register myself on their netbank to get a statement (that doesn't cost me a fortune) so I can proove I've got funds for a rental, but of course it wont let me.

So I've paid up the cafe walked down to the bank who wouldn't do it for me but assured me if I put certain details in it'll work buti f it doesn't I need to phone them.

Well I'm back here it doesn't and I haven't got a phone with me.

Oh and while I'm ranting about them when I opened the account in London I was told I'd be able to pick up cards theminute I got here, not so it was theree weeks until I had access to my money out of bank hours.

Last edited by fraser; Sep 28th 2005 at 12:37 am.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:34 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bloody commonwealth bank

To all prospectve "New Chums" - don't touch CBA with a bargepole, they are sh*t!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:39 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
To all prospectve "New Chums" - don't touch CBA with a bargepole, they are sh*t!
In a nutshell.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

"Witch" bank
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:42 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

1.50 "disloyalty fee" if you use someone else's ATM
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Shellfish
"Witch" bank
K for you four blue boxes
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by renth
1.50 "disloyalty fee" if you use someone else's ATM

50 cents for gettig a balance from their own ATM, cheeky bastards
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:48 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any banks that don't charge you for farting?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fraser
K for you four blue boxes

Thanks , I won't be patting myself on the back too much though because after months of complaining about their service (or lack of), we took a mortgage with them .
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:49 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I use HSBC for most transactions/salary. CBA for "emergencies" - I plan to close it altogether when I can be bothered.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:33 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Their service certainly isn't what you'd rate as anywhere near good and they are definitely the worst for fees. Think they are the only bank so far not offering an account with a fixed fee for unlimited transactions a month. I'm in the process of changing over my day to day banking from them as don't want to pay through the nose for acessing my own money.

Sounds like you've been unlucky Fraser, my cards etc were available 24 hours after going into the Melbourne CBA when I arrived, although their 'migrant banking assistance' they promise when you get here was nigh on non existent, and have never had a problem with Netbank.
Don't fall into the trap of getting consultations from their financial advisers. I made sure I spoke to one about my UK pensions when I arrived last November and they were supposed to sort out bringing my UK pensions across. It's now nearly 11 months down the track and precisely nothing has happened, and as it's gone past the first 6 months of being here I'll get clobbered for 15% tax on any pension fund I transfer over now.

Just out of interest Fraser have you already registered with Netbank? If not then you can't access the service immediately, you have to wait a few days for them to activate the ebanking service (was the same in the UK with both Natwest and Nationwide).

If you've already registered then it may be down to security settings on your browser. Most banks use 128bit encryption and a lot of internet cafes aren't good at doing their Windows updates. When you open IE up on the cafe machine click [Help] [About Internet Explorer] and on the window that opens look at 'cipher strength' if that isn't 128 bit then that could well be your problem. The only thing that will sort that out is getting them to do a Windows Update. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...t/default.mspx
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:25 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
No, $1.25 per fart with the ANZ. If you fart in another bank it's $2.50.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Their service certainly isn't what you'd rate as anywhere near good and they are definitely the worst for fees. Think they are the only bank so far not offering an account with a fixed fee for unlimited transactions a month. I'm in the process of changing over my day to day banking from them as don't want to pay through the nose for acessing my own money.

Sounds like you've been unlucky Fraser, my cards etc were available 24 hours after going into the Melbourne CBA when I arrived, although their 'migrant banking assistance' they promise when you get here was nigh on non existent, and have never had a problem with Netbank.
Don't fall into the trap of getting consultations from their financial advisers. I made sure I spoke to one about my UK pensions when I arrived last November and they were supposed to sort out bringing my UK pensions across. It's now nearly 11 months down the track and precisely nothing has happened, and as it's gone past the first 6 months of being here I'll get clobbered for 15% tax on any pension fund I transfer over now.

Just out of interest Fraser have you already registered with Netbank? If not then you can't access the service immediately, you have to wait a few days for them to activate the ebanking service (was the same in the UK with both Natwest and Nationwide).

If you've already registered then it may be down to security settings on your browser. Most banks use 128bit encryption and a lot of internet cafes aren't good at doing their Windows updates. When you open IE up on the cafe machine click [Help] [About Internet Explorer] and on the window that opens look at 'cipher strength' if that isn't 128 bit then that could well be your problem. The only thing that will sort that out is getting them to do a Windows Update. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...t/default.mspx
I'm sorted now I had to drive home and phone them and they gave me a password an client number,I'm now at employment services using their free internet
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:31 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
No, $1.25 per fart with the ANZ. If you fart in another bank it's $2.50.
And a follow through costs a bloody fortune at the National.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellfish
"Witch" bank
OI!!! You leave us witches out of it, we bank at Gringotts you know. Got little goblins looking after our gold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.