Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bloody birth certificate

bloody birth certificate

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:08 pm
WBB

Default bloody birth certificate

just spent the second evening in a row working on the application we are hoping to send off tomorrow for our de-facto visa.

going through the checklist i noticed it asks for a certified copy of my birth certificate showing both parents names :scared: aaarrrghhhhh i dont have one!!!

is this an absolute must have???

i had ready to get certified in the morning a normal birth certificate which is just an extract from the long copy.

should i delay sending off the application untill i get the full copy?

anyone done this?

does anybody even know what im talking about?

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: bloody birth certificate

Originally posted by welshboybilly
just spent the second evening in a row working on the application we are hoping to send off tomorrow for our de-facto visa.

going through the checklist i noticed it asks for a certified copy of my birth certificate showing both parents names :scared: aaarrrghhhhh i dont have one!!!

is this an absolute must have???

i had ready to get certified in the morning a normal birth certificate which is just an extract from the long copy.

should i delay sending off the application untill i get the full copy?

anyone done this?

does anybody even know what im talking about?

Hi

had to do this as we only had short version too, phone the registry office from where it was issued and they will take your credit card details over phone , dob, name etc, very easy - too easy!! and they send you full certified copy in post, explain urgency and ours were very accommodating (think was about £7)

good luck

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Get on the phone Billy, you will need the long version! Still it'll give you time to type up your "lurve stories" won't it!
Good thing you checked it all before you sent it in though.
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:36 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

My dad saved a couple of quid by not getting a full birth certificate for me but, as Swifts has said, it was quick and simple to get over the phone recently. Made the old man pay for it too.
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:42 pm
WBB

well cheers folks.

just my luck, but on the bright side, i only live down the road from our local registry office and will pop down in the morning before my 10:30 appointment with the solicitor to get my documents certified.

i really want to get this application off tomorrow.

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Billy, hope you manage to submit it tomorrow ....... can't wait to see your "got it" post - bet it'll put the rest of us to shame!
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough
Talking Saved me hassle

Nice one, you saved me a few month wait for nothing, I had dug out all my docs and didnt notice that, I'll get the proper ones now. Not even sent off TRA yet so plent of time, still thanks
Mike
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:50 pm
WBB

Default Re: Saved me hassle

Originally posted by marson
Nice one, you saved me a few month wait for nothing, I had dug out all my docs and didnt notice that, I'll get the proper ones now. Not even sent off TRA yet so plent of time, still thanks
Mike

no problem.

i am always one for leaving things last minute, hopefully though this will not hold us up too much if at all.

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:53 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

I'm worried that I've overlooked something whilst preparing my de facto application. Recently got stat decs from Mrs Kentish Man's Aussie relatives and it was only whilst flicking through this forum that I found out that they needed to supply certified evidence that they were who they claimed to be and Aussie citizens. God knows what else I've missed but I'm not planning to go until September so time is on my side.

Thank Christ for the aid of the decent folk on this forum!
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby did that too but registry office were very accomodating and we got one on the same day.
good luck,

mcmercer
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 9:01 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Kentish Man
I'm worried that I've overlooked something whilst preparing my de facto application. Recently got stat decs from Mrs Kentish Man's Aussie relatives and it was only whilst flicking through this forum that I found out that they needed to supply certified evidence that they were who they claimed to be and Aussie citizens. God knows what else I've missed but I'm not planning to go until September so time is on my side.

Thank Christ for the aid of the decent folk on this forum!

yeah we got that bit.

thankfully that was one thing i did check and we have that side of things sewn up.

only problem is that i cannot read a word her father wrote on the stat decs hope they can at ahc?

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 9:10 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

ok just having heart attack here-i am under skilled ind -sent all my stuff of to my "agent"(have been having fun with him-but thats another story)-i just sent the short version of birth cert and thats what was sent off in my app.

please be honest here folks -am i now stuffed
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 9:14 pm
WBB

Originally posted by seang
ok just having heart attack here-i am under skilled ind -sent all my stuff of to my "agent"(have been having fun with him-but thats another story)-i just sent the short version of birth cert and thats what was sent off in my app.

dont know, but i would send in the full copy it will not do any harm?

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by seang

Hi Seang

I also applied under skilled independent and included in my application was my husband and two children. I did have the full certificate as do my children. However husband's birth certificate was just a small square certificate with only his name, and date of birth - no mention of his parents. We fretted over this as well but decided to go ahead and send it. It was never questioned, got our visas four weeks later
Maybe this was because he wasnt the main applicant??
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 9:24 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi seang,
I wouldn't worry, if they won't a full copy I would have thought that they wou ask you for it when they check the application.

Bye
Markeh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.