Blood pressure.

Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:27 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blood pressure.

Okay I put a post up here a couple of days ago, concerning the witch doctor in Glasgow. My girl friend, recieved a high reading. Would nerves and being pissed off with the doctor, push her blood pressure high? My girl friend said the strap thingy that go's on the arm was loose. She had to hold it on herself?
My girl friend has an appointment with her own GP this Friday, We hope, it will come down. Trying to find ways of calming her down before she has her appointment. I have sujested soft music, but, if anyone else have an ideas feel free to swing them this way.
Cheers
Jim
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blood pressure.

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Okay I put a post up here a couple of days ago, concerning the witch doctor in Glasgow. My girl friend, recieved a high reading. Would nerves and being pissed off with the doctor, push her blood pressure high? My girl friend said the strap thingy that go's on the arm was loose. She had to hold it on herself?
My girl friend has an appointment with her own GP this Friday, We hope, it will come down. Trying to find ways of calming her down before she has her appointment. I have sujested soft music, but, if anyone else have an ideas feel free to swing them this way.
Cheers
Jim

I've always wondered that too. I mean, I get wound up about visiting a doctor, so the blood pressure they take is above what it really is. And if its the doctor in shawlands, well its sky high after shes squeezed my gonads. Thats hardly a fair reading

I reckon if your girlfriend has a good gp and feels comfortable with him/her it will be just fine.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:38 am
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Kopites will become famous soon enoughKopites will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I've always wondered that too. I mean, I get wound up about visiting a doctor, so the blood pressure they take is above what it really is. And if its the doctor in shawlands, well its sky high after shes squeezed my gonads. Thats hardly a fair reading

I reckon if your girlfriend has a good gp and feels comfortable with him/her it will be just fine.

Cheers,
JTL
Hi, my bp was sky high ,188/104,had to go to my gp and had 3 more tests done over the past couple of months.I'm fine now ,but they have put me on 2 types of tables a day for the rest of my life,and i still got my visa Cheers Andy
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:43 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kopites
Hi, my bp was sky high ,188/104,had to go to my gp and had 3 more tests done over the past couple of months.I'm fine now ,but they have put me on 2 types of tables a day for the rest of my life,and i still got my visa Cheers Andy

Bit excessive putting you on the tables twice a day Andy.

Sorry.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Cheers
Jim
Hi Jim. Our friend went last year for his medical. Shawlands. His blood pressure went through the roof but same as your girlfriend he had to go to his doctor. It was fine, and the medicals then got sent off. By the way i passed a medical last october and i have high blood pressure so dont worry. Carole
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:05 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Blood pressure.

Cheers
Jim
how high was the reading? Did she literally have to hold the cuff on?-if she had to force it on her arm cos the velcro was wasted there could be an element of error- If he's a c**p doc . There's a difference in a raised BP due to stress and a significantly raised BP that causes concern when other factors are taken into account. Hopefully things will sort themselves out with the GP. No point telling her not to worry cos she will.

Good luck

Phil x
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Have you ecer heard of 'white-coat hypertension'. Thats what they call it when your blood pressure goes up due to a visit to the doctor.
A loose cuff would also provide a false reading.
I suffer with high blood pressure. I also take medication to control it......oh, and I got my visa.

All the very best
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philian4
If he's a c**p doc .
That was agreed a while back.

Except Mrs JTL who had no probs. There is an exception to every rule.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:14 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you never heard of " white Coat Blood Pressure".

Apparently an actual condition that people get because they are visiting the doctors.

Unless it was dangerously high ( which i very much doubt it ) i think she will be ok.

Try to use some calming methods prior to going in.....a quick whiskey may do the trick, but the doctor will probably think shes an alcoholic especially if her appointment is 9 am :scared:
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:15 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Jim
gentle exercise, walking maybe..

does she smoke?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:15 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Have you ecer heard of 'white-coat hypertension'. Thats what they call it when your blood pressure goes up due to a visit to the doctor.
A loose cuff would also provide a false reading.
I suffer with high blood pressure. I also take medication to control it......oh, and I got my visa.

All the very best
Sorry Sandra i have just repeated what you have said.....didnt read your post
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:16 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Have you never heard of " white Coat Blood Pressure".

Apparently an actual condition that people get because they are visiting the doctors.

Unless it was dangerously high ( which i very much doubt it ) i think she will be ok.

Try to use some calming methods prior to going in.....a quick whiskey may do the trick, but the doctor will probably think shes an alcoholic especially if her appointment is 9 am :scared:
that's right Donna, it happened to me...

went to own GP a week later and it was way down, lower than average for my considerable age
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Sorry Sandra i have just repeated what you have said.....didnt read your post

Thats ok,I have been known to do exactly the same!!!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:19 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you you all for responding to my thread, you have all been very helpful. I will give you all a smiley stamp . I feel better now that I know people have had the same problem and got through it. I guess it's just 1 many things you stress out on in the visa proccess.
Jim
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by walla1
that's right Donna, it happened to me...

went to own GP a week later and it was way down, lower than average for my considerable age
And what average for a 50 year old Dave..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.