Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Bloke (mine not Polly's) just became a POM

Wikiposts

The Bloke (mine not Polly's) just became a POM

Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Bloke (mine not Polly's) just became a POM

Originally Posted by CPW
Under the NZ system, does the person have to be fulfilling the residence criteria at the time of application, or is it sufficient to have fulfilled them at some time in the past?
It appears that the system relies on the person knowing about the (naturalisation) facility and making an application in good time (ie while still in NZ).

There is more flexibility on the residence criteria where children are concerned and those who have NZ citizen (by descent) children who move to NZ ought to make a point of getting the children naturalised as soon as possible.

Jeremy
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:02 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tonyonthemove
Sorry, a bit of a twist on all this. I am currently applying for my PR after marrying an Australian and moving to WA. Am I right in thinking that she cannot apply for British Residency unless we move back and live in the UK. Is there anything she can get to make travelling between the two countries any easier?

Congratulations Kala and bloke. Who will he be going for now in the Ashes?
She will need to live in the Uk for 3 years to be able to apply for Citizenship.

Thanks for the congrats but I realy dont think he will be changing his alegiance that much
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:14 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
She will need to live in the Uk for 3 years to be able to apply for Citizenship.

Thanks for the congrats but I realy dont think he will be changing his alegiance that much
AND he still supports the Hawks
Congrats to our newest pom! Does he whinge already? Now he can do it and be called a name
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:19 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hevs
AND he still supports the Hawks
Congrats to our newest pom! Does he whinge already? Now he can do it and be called a name

He'll be whinging later when the Hawks looooooooose again
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:21 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
He'll be whinging later when the Hawks looooooooose again
Arrrgghh don't say that i've tipped them

PS check ya pm's
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:24 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by hevs
Arrrgghh don't say that i've tipped them

PS check ya pm's

Well in that case I just might slip above you on the Tipping ladder this week