Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

blinds cut to size?

blinds cut to size?

Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:17 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all
Question blinds cut to size?

Can anyone recommend somewhere where you can get a blind just off the shelf but they will cut/trim it to size for you if need be? Need a new blind for daughters window but fail to find one on the shelf 59cm wide,best I can get is 60cm. I don't really want to get someone in especially as it will cost a lot more.

Ellie x
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: blinds cut to size?

Originally Posted by oz bound
Can anyone recommend somewhere where you can get a blind just off the shelf but they will cut/trim it to size for you if need be? Need a new blind for daughters window but fail to find one on the shelf 59cm wide,best I can get is 60cm. I don't really want to get someone in especially as it will cost a lot more.

Ellie x
What sort of blind? Most off the shelf roller blinds can be disassembled, trimmed and reassembled. Try IKEA.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:27 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spartacus
What sort of blind? Most off the shelf roller blinds can be disassembled, trimmed and reassembled. Try IKEA.
thanks Spartacus, was ideally after a venetian blind. will check out ikea

Ellie
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:31 am
West is best!

just found this website and I am tempted to try them out.

http://www.halfpriceblinds.com.au/index.php
Old Feb 18th 2010, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

We have just moved and have brought metal Ventian blinds for the bedrooms. We got them from Spotlight and most of them fitted, the couple that had to be trimmed down to size I did with a tool brought from the shop for $8.00. I was a bit boring to do but they came out really well.

I you want the tool, drive to Mornington and you can have it for free, but as I don't know where you live it might work out a bit expensive on fuel

John

Last edited by jond; Feb 18th 2010 at 3:45 am. Reason: sorry see you live in QLD
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Spartacus, was ideally after a venetian blind. will check out ikea

Ellie
We had a red cedar wood venetian blind from Bunnings, they cut to fit both height and width.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.vistablinds.com.au/?gclid...FdAvpAodiBkRkQ
Old Feb 18th 2010, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

Ellie x
Try these people

http://www.apollo.net.au/index.php