Blind children

Old Jan 28th 2004, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blind children

Can anyone help?

My driving instructor is very interested in emigrating to OZ but he has two young blind children, he/we do not know enough about this subject to be able to advise him, is there anybody out there who can please?

Also, he is a man of all trades and was pondering upon the idea of getting a 'pilots licence' could this be an advantage?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Gill
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:34 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Blind children

Originally posted by Bix da Boss
Can anyone help?

My driving instructor is very interested in emigrating to OZ but he has two young blind children, he/we do not know enough about this subject to be able to advise him, is there anybody out there who can please?

Also, he is a man of all trades and was pondering upon the idea of getting a 'pilots licence' could this be an advantage?

Cheers
Gill
Sorry I can't help with immigration points, but here is the
Royal Blind Society link in Australia. They are very helpful, i did 6 months volunteer work with them some time back.

Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Sorry I can't help with immigration points, but here is the
Royal Blind Society link in Australia. They are very helpful, i did 6 months volunteer work with them some time back.
Hi
Thanks for the link. I knew it would be a difficult question to answer. Think he will have to do some research himself, just thought I'd try for him first.

Cheers
Old Jan 28th 2004, 11:33 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

A good migration agent might be a plus in this case as getting people into the country who may be a drain on the resources is a big factor. The fact that the children may need speical education and support and the potential cost will be taken into account. The actual amount is never really stated - rather arbitory. NZ announced today they are looking to introduce a cap of around $20K over four years, people with costs estimated over this will be refused. This medical assessment is regardless of income of the parents - mainly because regardless of paying for private services - the country could be liable if you didn't have those resources.

I have a partially deaf child and our entry into Aus was not easy and included a refusal at one point for a temporary business visa. Two years and the help of George Lombard we did finally succeed in getting PR, it can be a very heartbreaking journey for everybody embarking on emigration - but a harder one if a member of the family can get all refused.

I would be interested if there are other people on this site with success stories of 'disabilities' cause I hear of so few.

Regards
Old Jan 28th 2004, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Sandra
A good migration agent might be a plus in this case as getting people into the country who may be a drain on the resources is a big factor. The fact that the children may need speical education and support and the potential cost will be taken into account. The actual amount is never really stated - rather arbitory. NZ announced today they are looking to introduce a cap of around $20K over four years, people with costs estimated over this will be refused. This medical assessment is regardless of income of the parents - mainly because regardless of paying for private services - the country could be liable if you didn't have those resources.

I have a partially deaf child and our entry into Aus was not easy and included a refusal at one point for a temporary business visa. Two years and the help of George Lombard we did finally succeed in getting PR, it can be a very heartbreaking journey for everybody embarking on emigration - but a harder one if a member of the family can get all refused.

I would be interested if there are other people on this site with success stories of 'disabilities' cause I hear of so few.

Regards
Hi Sandra
Thank you for your comments. I was not sure whether to put this posting forward as like you have not seen anything relating to this kind of problem, did search.

This just confirms to me that it would be better for him to contact an agent or body of people who know all the pros and cons of this problem if he is really serious.

I'm so glad you managed to get to OZ after your, what must have been a stressful journey! We are still keeping our fingers crossed,very trying time.
:scared:

Cheers
Gill
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:40 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix da Boss
Can anyone help?

Cheers
Gill

CRIKEY, must be hard with 2 kids who are blind, we wish them luck
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Exactly.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au

Thanks, so do we, couldn't believe it when he first told me! Very unusual case I should think.

Cheers
Gill