Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Blimey - this Citizenship thing is easy!!

Blimey - this Citizenship thing is easy!!

Old Sep 7th 2005, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blimey - this Citizenship thing is easy!!

I'm going to be an Aussie!!!!!

I only had my interview last Thursday and in yesterday's post there was a letter telling me our application has been approved. I was amazed it was so quick. I still have to wait for my ceremony, but I'm feeling like I should really learn the national anthem now.......even my 3 year old knows it!

I'm still cheering on the POMs in the cricket!!!!

Rudi
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:07 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blimey - this Citizenship thing is easy!!

Originally Posted by Rudi

I only had my interview last Thursday and in yesterday's post there was a letter telling me our application has been approved. I was amazed it was so quick. I still have to wait for my ceremony, but I'm feeling like I should really learn the national anthem now.......even my 3 year old knows it!

Rudi
Congratulations !!! THat was quick..

better get started on the national anthem...all together now, one, two three..

AUSTRALIANS ALL LET US REJOICE
FOR WE ARE YOUNG AND FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Aherm!!!! Carry on...
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations Rudi!!

What was the interview like, what did they ask? Crap at interviews, they will probably deport me!! :scared:

Nikki
xx
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:18 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Rudi
they watch this site.!!! now youve blown it!!

lol
alk.xcongrats btw
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alkristensen
they watch this site.!!! now youve blown it!!

lol
alk.xcongrats btw
:scared:

Ah well!!

As to the interview - they just went through my form and checked all the birth certificates, passports etc, took the money and asked me if I knew my rights and responsibilities......which I did before the interview...............!!!!

I had a nice little acronym to remember the the responsibilities (too rude to reapeat here ) and I knew I had 3 passportish related rights and 3 duty related ones!! I managed most of them and I just couldn't remember my last "duty" one......so she reminded me.......to vote

Rudi
Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

:scared:

Ah well!!

As to the interview - they just went through my form and checked all the birth certificates, passports etc, took the money and asked me if I knew my rights and responsibilities......which I did before the interview...............!!!!

I had a nice little acronym to remember the the responsibilities (too rude to reapeat here ) and I knew I had 3 passportish related rights and 3 duty related ones!! I managed most of them and I just couldn't remember my last "duty" one......so she reminded me.......to vote

Rudi
Iv'e gotta do this yet How long have you been here??
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Iv'e gotta do this yet How long have you been here??

2 years and a little bit........I went to visit the UK for 2 weeks last year so I had to wait an extra couple of weeks before I could apply.

Rudi

PS Good luck when you do it
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:49 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

2 years and a little bit........I went to visit the UK for 2 weeks last year so I had to wait an extra couple of weeks before I could apply.

Rudi

PS Good luck when you do it
Don't worry to much about the National Anthem, they give you the words to it as you walk in.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Don't worry to much about the National Anthem, they give you the words to it as you walk in.
The kids still watch me in assembly to see if I am mummbling my way through it
Never even knew the British one so what chance have I with the Aussie one.
I didn't realise that they tested you in the interview Are all the questions on their site. I pressume that you can take the kids along... or will theybe bored stupid??
Old Sep 8th 2005, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Duties and Responsibilities - is this something you have to memorise?

PS ...Congratulations

SS
Old Sep 8th 2005, 6:41 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I didn't realise that they tested you in the interview Are all the questions on their site. I pressume that you can take the kids along... or will theybe bored stupid??
Yeah the things you need to learn are on their site.
You can take the kids along & they get presented with a little Aus flag when you get your plant, at Knox the whole thing took an hour & was plenty of kids there.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 6:42 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Form 1027i is a "must read" for intending citizenship applicants. You are expected to know the responsibilities and privileges of Australian citizenship.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1027i.pdf

Jeremy